Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thecomicbookandme
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stop music player / Milk player automatically playing a song on BT connect

Hello,

I have come across a number of threads but no solution to this problem with '14 Acura RDX and Galaxy S5. As soon as the BT connects, the music player would start playing. I installed the "Bluetooth connect and play" app but it is not able to control the Milk player. So now when the BT connects, it turns on the Google player as well as the Milk player. I could not find any setting in the Acura's BT settings to non initiate this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    9,466 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Default Re: Stop music player / Milk player automatically playing a song on BT connect

It's probably a setting in your phone rather than your car's. When I connect headphones it also automatically starts. Does it only happen when connecting to BT?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I have the same problem. If you go to notification panel settings, you'll find a sub setting called "recommend apps". In this setting you can choose preferences for your headphones. I removed the music player from this setting, and it seemed to help somewhat. However, it will still annoyingly show up on occasion. My solution is to select Spotify (my playlist of choice) before I get in my car.
    PS: Make sure that you force stop music player on the active applications page.
    Posted via Android Central App
    UJ95x likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default Re: Stop music player / Milk player automatically playing a song on BT connect

Thanks for the suggestions. The 4 apps listed under "recommend apps" of notification panel are not the one's which show up so in my case that won't help. Before I installed "milk", the "BT connect and play" app would atleast allow me to select what I want to play. Now with Milk, both the apps start!! arggh..irritating and eats bandwidth!