Stop music player / Milk player automatically playing a song on BT connect

nid15

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have come across a number of threads but no solution to this problem with '14 Acura RDX and Galaxy S5. As soon as the BT connects, the music player would start playing. I installed the "Bluetooth connect and play" app but it is not able to control the Milk player. So now when the BT connects, it turns on the Google player as well as the Milk player. I could not find any setting in the Acura's BT settings to non initiate this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's probably a setting in your phone rather than your car's. When I connect headphones it also automatically starts. Does it only happen when connecting to BT?

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. If you go to notification panel settings, you'll find a sub setting called "recommend apps". In this setting you can choose preferences for your headphones. I removed the music player from this setting, and it seemed to help somewhat. However, it will still annoyingly show up on occasion. My solution is to select Spotify (my playlist of choice) before I get in my car.
PS: Make sure that you force stop music player on the active applications page.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

nid15

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. The 4 apps listed under "recommend apps" of notification panel are not the one's which show up so in my case that won't help. Before I installed "milk", the "BT connect and play" app would atleast allow me to select what I want to play. Now with Milk, both the apps start!! arggh..irritating and eats bandwidth!

YMIAgalaxyuser

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for help with my music player automatically starting when plugging in headphones. Luckily, through trial and error, I found the "motions and gestures" settings and disabled the "Direct Call" and "Smart Alert" features. This seems to have fixed the problem.:D

bscloutier

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
This is seriously annoying. It wouldn't be half as bad if the market would standardize audio levels! The volume setting required to listen to a book via Audible (which is what I want to do and not hear unsolicited terrible music) is much higher than for this music. As a result the car shocks everyone in the car with ear piercing sound THAT I CANNOT STOP FROM HAPPENING. The panic in trying to stop it does NOT in support of the safe operation of the vehicle. Sorry but - Samsung/Android, What the hell is wrong with you????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance