A few question about my new S5 from a die hard Apple guy......

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am using google chrome. The stock browser. I find an image, click view image, long press in the image, save image. I then try sending it to anyone, even another S5 owner and get the same message.

I tried using several different messaging apps when I first got the phone, such as Hangouts, but always had an issue with my contact text tones. It would always use the generic text tone instead of the custom tones I have set for each individual contact. I didn't experience this issue, but actually never tried it. So idk if it would work.

I installed Nova a few days ago. It is very much like Springtomize.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

After you save the images, are you seeing them in your camera gallery? There should be a download album when you click on the gallery with all saved images. Then you just attach them to the message like any other picture.

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes sir. Exactly what I do.

I tried using both the "photo" app along with the "gallery" app. Still confused why pictures are saved in 2 places.

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm also getting really sick and tired of deleting the same photos over and over again. I'm not signed into google+ yet the same pictures randomly appear that I've deleted at least 10 times.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm also getting really sick and tired of deleting the same photos over and over again. I'm not signed into google+ yet the same pictures randomly appear that I've deleted at least 10 times.

I went to Chrome and Long Press an image and then saved it, it goes to a folder called "Download" once physically in your phone you can do as you please with it, I just did it to test what you are saying and I could send that picture to a couple of my co-workers without issues.

About Photos App, that's Google's app, it's linked (For now) to your Goggle Plus app and account, so if you want to stop syncing the pictures to Photos then go to that app or Google Plus and go to settings and turn off Auto Backup.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

LOL, that was driving me nuts too. It's the Picasa sync. I disabled it. Check this out.

How to Remove Picasa Albums From Your Gallery « Android.AppStorm

I'm at a loss as to why you can't text message images. I wish I could check your phone out and test for myself.

Do you happen to have T Mobile?

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I went to Chrome and Long Press an image and then saved it, it goes to a folder called "Download" once physically in your phone you can do as you please with it, I just did it to test what you are saying and I could send that picture to a couple of my co-workers without issues.

About Photos App, that's Google's app, it's linked (For now) to your Goggle Plus app and account, so if you want to stop syncing the pictures to Photos then go to that app or Google Plus and go to settings and turn off Auto Backup.

I've had auto back up turned off since I first started up the phone and figured out it was backing up my info. I turned it off then, yet pictures keep returning.

LOL, that was driving me nuts too. It's the Picasa sync. I disabled it. Check this out.

How to Remove Picasa Albums From Your Gallery « Android.AppStorm

I'm at a loss as to why you can't text message images. I wish I could check your phone out and test for myself.

Do you happen to have T Mobile?

I followed that tutorial a few weeks ago. This thing is driving me crazy. LOL.

I have Verizon.

I really appreciate the help from everyone. I know us "Apple people" have to get annoying after dealing with so many of us. I'm not throwing in the towel though, I'm determined to get this thing working the way I want......

Not being able to text images from the internet is a huge issue for me.

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I too moved from iPhone 5s to Samsung S5 and so far loving it.
I am able to save image from any browser and share it, the only thing i can think of is , did you switch off iMessage on iPhone before switching?
The error you are getting doesn't suggest that but to good to check it, this might be causing issue, are you not able to send only to iPhone user or any platform?

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Easy go into app settings scroll down to picasa and turn off! And I would turn off Google + as well because it is automatically saving there as well on the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had auto back up turned off since I first started up the phone and figured out it was backing up my info. I turned it off then, yet pictures keep returning.

I followed that tutorial a few weeks ago. This thing is driving me crazy. LOL.

I have Verizon.

I really appreciate the help from everyone. I know us "Apple people" have to get annoying after dealing with so many of us. I'm not throwing in the towel though, I'm determined to get this thing working the way I want......

Not being able to text images from the internet is a huge issue for me.
If you followed that link I posted, I don't see how the pictures could keep reappearing. LOL I think the phone is messing with you because it knows you're an apple guy. LOL

Yeah, the picture thing is really odd. I don't really know what else to tell you about that as mine works perfectly fine. I poked around in the settings and didn't see anything that should prevent this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timm4y77

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I too moved from iPhone 5s to Samsung S5 and so far loving it.
I am able to save image from any browser and share it, the only thing i can think of is , did you switch off iMessage on iPhone before switching?
The error you are getting doesn't suggest that but to good to check it, this might be causing issue, are you not able to send only to iPhone user or any platform?

I took care of that issue a week before getting the phone. I did the research, deactivated iMessage, and even called apple to have my number booted from the system. I can send pictures from my photo album I took with the camera no problem, just nothing downloaded. What is weird, is I enabled "Messages+" which is the Verizon messaging app, the pictures I can't send, the ones I downloaded, don't even show up as an option to send.

Easy go into app settings scroll down to picasa and turn off! And I would turn off Google + as well because it is automatically saving there as well on the phone.

Picasa uploader?

If I turn off google+, it removes "Photos" app from my app list. It just disappears.

I followed that link weeks ago and did exactly what it said, yet even just now, the deleted pictures came back. It's really hard for me NOT to hate this phone. I have an extreme case of OCD. Things have to work perfect or I will go crazy...... LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I took care of that issue a week before getting the phone. I did the research, deactivated iMessage, and even called apple to have my number booted from the system. I can send pictures from my photo album I took with the camera no problem, just nothing downloaded. What is weird, is I enabled "Messages+" which is the Verizon messaging app, the pictures I can't send, the ones I downloaded, don't even show up as an option to send.

Picasa uploader?

If I turn off google+, it removes "Photos" app from my app list. It just disappears.

I followed that link weeks ago and did exactly what it said, yet even just now, the deleted pictures came back. It's really hard for me NOT to hate this phone. I have an extreme case of OCD. Things have to work perfect or I will go crazy...... LOL.

LOL, I hear you man. I'm totally OCD with my phone as well. I've spent hours tweaking settings and messing around with different apps on both Android and iOS. That would drive me absolutely crazy as well.

I actually don't even use the picasa photo app. I use the gallery app. I assume you have auto backup turned off? It's definitely some setting that you haven't found yet.

sunshinemomma05

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I am like you -I was a die hard iPhone user (had a 4 and then went to the 5) and I decided to give Android a try and went with the S5. There are things that annoy me about the phone but over all I like it.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Switched over to a GS5 from an iPhone 5s a few weeks ago. I have been annoyed with Apple for quite some time. Thought it was time to give Android a try. I have been reading, researching, and watching videos, trying to avoid starting a new thread asking dumb questions. I have to though, sorry.......

1. Why is it that when I save photos from Google images to my photos, I can not send them via text message? I tried sending them to my wife's iPhone 5, but it wouldn't let me. I then sent them in an email and she could not view them? Never had that problem on my iPhone.

2. I tried using NILS for lock screen notifications, sort of like my iPhone, but it was too annoying with all of the alerts having to choose this and that. I thought they would be satisfied and go away after a few days of answering them, but no luck. I then tried another app, SwipeLock or something like that. It was EXTREMELY buggy. Is there no easy way to see what emails I get, messenger alerts, or game alerts without unlocking my phone? I figured out how to see texting alerts, though it is pretty crappy the way you can't read more than the first 5 words.

3. Volume. Is there any way to get it to stop alerting me that listening to loud music will hurt my ears when I try to turn the volume up? I have the safe listening turned off (or what ever it is called). SUPER annoying.

4. I used Samsung Smart Switch to transfer everything over from my iPhone, which worked great except for my "Notes". They are no where to be found. Any way to transfer them over without doing it by hand?

Overall I like the phone, but it is buggy and laggy. I'm not going to sugar coat it at all, sorry. I really like the larger screen and the better battery life. I was hoping for more battery life though after hearing everyone's raves about it. I am getting about 10 hours on average, with heavy use. I usually got about 6 out of my iPhone. Pathetic. I have tried everything suggested on forums and YouTube to try and get better battery life out of the GS5.

Any help would be fantastic.

Regards,
Tim
10 hours of battery life is pretty good. It really depends on how you use your phone. Is your phone constantly searching for a signal? If so, that's probably why you're only getting 10hrs.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind, "all those pesky settings/options" are why you jailbroke your iphone in the first place.

LMAO!! So true. The difference is when you jailbreak, you have a platform you are completely used to and bored with and you add options and tweaks at your leisure whereas when you come in fresh to Android, you've got everything all at once and it can be a little daunting.

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind, "all those pesky settings/options" are why you jailbroke your iphone in the first place.

Problem is that TouchWiz is NOT as configurable as people assume. Like not being able to change the color scheme, or turning off that stupid beep when you plug it in. People end up spending hours on forums trying to figure out stuff that should be intuitive. And to top it off it makes the phone laggy. I don't blame Tim4y77 one bit for being annoyed with the phone.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Problem is that TouchWiz is NOT as configurable as people assume. Like not being able to change the color scheme, or turning off that stupid beep when you plug it in. People end up spending hours on forums trying to figure out stuff that should be intuitive. And to top it off it makes the phone laggy. I don't blame Tim4y77 one bit for being annoyed with the phone.

Well, you can't do any of that on an iPhone either. At least you can get a new Launcher without having to gain root access. Pick your poison. You can either have a boring iPhone that you can't do anything with without jailbreaking or you can figure out how to use an Android. Choice is yours.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

OK, try downloading any other Messaging App like Textra (free and Great App) and when open it set it as your default message app, then try to send the picture via message to see what happens, I think your problem is more related to verizon/message app than with the phone itself as me and others that have responded here could verify that there should be no problems going to the web, saving a picture to your phone and then send it via message.

Last edited:

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
OK, try downloading any other Messaging App like Textra (free and Great App) and when open it set it as your default message app, then try to send the picture via message to see what happens, I think your problem is more related to verizon/message app than with the phone itself as me and others that have responded here could verify that there should be no problems going to the web, saving a picture to your phone and then send it via message.

Also my have to mess with the mms settings in your text app since the pics may be too large. I use handscent and it automatically shrinks the pic to text. And for sure Verizon messes up the phone but nothing you can do beside turning off some of their bloatware which I have found is garbage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance