Dropbox not recognizing SD cards - Please Help

sullez

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was trying to export a photo my external SD card in dropbox - unfortunately this is not an option in the export menu - I only see export to device. I also was getting an error in Spotify saying that spottily could not find the SD card - However my camera is saving to my external sd card when taking photos. I have formatted the external SD card and did a factory reset.

What could the issue be.

Thanks

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I was trying to export a photo my external SD card in dropbox - unfortunately this is not an option in the export menu - I only see export to device. I also was getting an error in Spotify saying that spottily could not find the SD card - However my camera is saving to my external sd card when taking photos. I have formatted the external SD card and did a factory reset.

What could the issue be.

No idea what the issue could be, maybe a defective external SD card?
But if you set your phone to save photos and videos to your phone's internal SD card then you can set Dropbox to auto-upload every new photo or video file to it. Additionally you can set Dropbox to only do that when the device is connected to WiFi. Recommended as that is free and doesn't eat into your dataplan.
After your pics and vids have been auto-uploaded to your Dropbox you can erase them from your device and use that storage space again and again. Effectively providing you with unlimited storage space on your phone. No external SD card neccessary.

sullez

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
No idea what the issue could be, maybe a defective external SD card?
But if you set your phone to save photos and videos to your phone's internal SD card then you can set Dropbox to auto-upload every new photo or video file to it. Additionally you can set Dropbox to only do that when the device is connected to WiFi. Recommended as that is free and doesn't eat into your dataplan.
After your pics and vids have been auto-uploaded to your Dropbox you can erase them from your device and use that storage space again and again. Effectively providing you with unlimited storage space on your phone. No external SD card neccessary.

It is the update for dropbox. Got the same thing now on my note 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude