Picture - loss of quality on Facebook, Instagram..

fasali87

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi.. I need help.. I just got Samsung Galaxy s5 and I love it so far.. but I have this problem.. After I've taken a picture, it looks really great but when I try to post it on Facebook or Instagram, the quality of the picture is so bad.. is there any solution for this.. I'm still all new to samsung, android etc.. I used to have iPhone 4s and I never had a problem like this..

Posted via the Android Central App

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
You may want to reduce the resolution from 16 mega pixel to something lower as Facebook as well as your carrier do an enormous amount of compression and that is why the pictures are turning out poor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I did some looking around and found that the iPhone 4s had a 5 mega pixel resolution and that is why you had no issue with your pictures on Facebook and Instagram. If you go into settings for the camera on the S5 you can actually go down to 6 mega pixels in resolution. Try a few settings and experiment.

The other thing is if you send pictures to be printed via the Internet to places such as the one hour photo places you will have the same issues. It's to bad we have such great technology and the middle man is not equipped to handle it.

Let us know how you make out with this .... enjoy.!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay