S5 will no longer play streaming media - consistently or continuously

brasher1

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I obtained my S5 a few days after release. I have been pleased with everything about it. Especially the ability to play mobile radio apps. All of my radio stations played beautifully until August 1 (+/- a few days). As I checked the stations on August 4, I found that they played 10-30 seconds of content, then paused. After 10-20 seconds of pause, the content started again. These pauses continued over a period of about 4 minutes and then the content stopped altogether, never to play again. I would have to restart the app to get any content to play.

I have read all the articles about Google Listen, cache clearing, uninstall-install, battery removal, restrict background data, etc. To date, I have found nothing that helps.

Any ideas?

brasher1

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have many apps that got updated this past week. Some may have been updated over that weekend. However, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the radio apps. I completely updated every app that had an update last night. I still have the same problem as the I did on Monday.

I am not sure how to unroll all the updates from all the apps. Is there an easy way to do it?

brasher1

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I have taken every app on the phone and uninstalled every update. All apps are like their original install. I retried the radio apps. They still pause the same way. It seems the phone is broken, because it does it on all the apps.

Eyasin Mozahir

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I obtained my S5 a few days after release. I have been pleased with everything about it. Especially the ability to play mobile radio apps. All of my radio stations played beautifully until August 1 (+/- a few days). As I checked the stations on August 4, I found that they played 10-30 seconds of content, then paused. After 10-20 seconds of pause, the content started again. These pauses continued over a period of about 4 minutes and then the content stopped altogether, never to play again. I would have to restart the app to get any content to play.

I have read all the articles about Google Listen, cache clearing, uninstall-install, battery removal, restrict background data, etc. To date, I have found nothing that helps.

Any ideas?