Venting - LCD Cracked (no apparent reason)

BenAW

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I recently switched over to Samsung from Apple for my personal phone, and have had this phone for about 6 weeks now.
Yesterday I went to use my phone, and the screen would not respond. Ofcourse I attempted the usual slew of "troubleshooting", and after removing the battery and restarting the phone I saw a strange flicker on the display.

On closer inspection I found some hairline fractures in the LCD at the top.

On contact with my carrier and Samsung I found that this is not covered under warranty as it is considered physical damage.
This has me perplexed as there is no phyical damage to the phone exterior just to the LCD itself, and that they make this judgement without seeing the device.

Compared to the torture I put my iphones through this phone has me worried that it will be problematic until I find a replacement.
S5.JPG

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
No offense but I'm guessing you probably sat on it, kneeled on it or leaned on it without noticing. I had this happen with my S4. I accidentally kneeled on it when it was in my cargo pocket. Pulled it out and the screen would not respond and I had a hairline crack under the screen. It had no outside damage, just like yours.

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
No offense but I'm guessing you probably sat on it, kneeled on it or leaned on it without noticing. I had this happen with my S4. I accidentally kneeled on it when it was in my cargo pocket. Pulled it out and the screen would not respond and I had a hairline crack under the screen. It had no outside damage, just like yours.

Or maybe from sun

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX