Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S5/Verizon - When using phone speaker, sound quality is extremely poor

Good morning! I am having a real problem that is jeopardizing my ability to work from home. I have had my Galaxy S5 for only about 6 weeks. Whenever I use it for a conference call, those on the other end of the bridge complain that they can barely hear me or that my voice is too garbled for them to understand. I've tried using the speaker on the phone and also a Bluetooth Jawbone Jam Box and the result is equally poor.
    Help?!

Global Posts
    19,905 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S5/Verizon - When using phone speaker, sound quality is extremely poor

I think the first thing I would try is a Voice over IP app (VoIP), like GrooveIP. Once you get it set up, you are using your WiFi to transmit a call. This does use about 1.5 MB per minute.

I am suggesting this because if they can hear you using that, the fault is in the cell service. If it is still garbled, then it is the phone.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here