Samsung Galaxy S5/Verizon - When using phone in truck, people I am calling hear an echo or feedback

shepette

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I am listing this issue separately because it involves Bluetooth and Entune in a 2014 Toyota Tacoma so it's a bit different than my previously submitted issue (still unresolved) about terrible sound quality when using either the phone speaker or a standalone Bluetooth Jawbone Jam Box.

In my Tacoma, the issue is this: people who take my calls while I am connected via Bluetooth to the truck's Entune system cannot make out what I am saying due to what I think are echoes of my voice and theirs. I always make sure the radio is off when I try this. I've had no success at all and don't even try to use it anymore. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!

shepette

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I may have fixed my own problem on this one! I had synced/unsynced/resynced my phone several times since I switched to the Galaxy S5 but nothing seemed to fix it. Then I recalled that when I bought the truck, it was used and I was really surprised at the time to see that they had not cleared out any info from the prior owner(s). I removed everything - all devices and all contacts and then started from step 1 with my phone: pairing and syncing contacts. All seems well now! Rather than deleting my question, I figured I would leave it here in case anyone else has the same issue. I also think it's worth warning people to clear their own personal info from any vehicle before selling it. It was very odd to see the owners' names, contacts, call histories, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03