Fist time updating my S5
This is my first Android phone and my first Verizon update. This morning my S5 is showing a Verizon update and I have a few questions. Thanks.
1. Should I do the update using Wi-Fi?
2. Can I do the update while I am charging my phone or wait until the S5 is fully charged?
3. Is there a way to avoid doing the update? My S5 is not rooted.
- 08-09-2014, 07:13 PM #2
Re: Fist time updating my S5
If you don't mind downloading the update over mobile data (i.e., if you're not concerned about data limits), then you can use either mobile data or wi-fi. Some updates are small files, other are huge--it'll usually tell you the size of the download.
You're usually fine as long as the phone's battery is >50%. They always tell you to do it while plugged in, just to be safe--you don't want the phone to run out of battery in the middle of a system update.
I can't tell you anything about avoiding updates, sorry.
- 08-09-2014, 07:21 PM #3
- By Syed Mohsin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-27-2014, 11:47 AM
- By Christopher Digiacomo in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 05:25 PM
- By Emile van Schijndel in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-09-2014, 05:13 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 05:53 AM
- By nijaidaz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2014, 05:15 AM