How to get rid of the annoying Power Saving Mode Icon after update!?

Miss Galaxy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Title says it all! My S5 just did a system update and now I can't get rid of the power saving mode icon even with the feature enabled! I am pretty sure before the update I had the 'restrict performance' turned on but the icon was never there, now after the update it won't disappear unless I turn it off. Is there a way to keep the restrict performance on but just to remove the icon at the top?

vgergo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried long pressing the notification, choose "App info" then clear the checkbox for "Notifications"?
I know it's probably not the ideal solution, but probably works.

I stopped updating my Samsung phone, each update just made the software less reliable. I think they test things reasonably before the launch, but later updates are issued carelessly. Samsung is not liked for its software department ;-)

Miss Galaxy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
When I long press the notification, it literally just brings up the following:

- on/off switch for the mode altogether (on the right)
- restrict background data checkbox
- restrict performance
- greyscale mode

That's all there is, there is no app info :(

vgergo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you could find the corresponding app in your list of apps (System Settings / Application Manager / All apps...), and get to it's info that way. Chances are though the checkbox will be grayed out even if you find the system app responsible for the icon.

Unfortunately I cannot help because I have a Note3 still on 4.3 (I have long been disenchanted with samsung updates)

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Yep same here, also tells you its on with text in the pull down notification panel taking up valuable space, bloody annoying.

Don't think you can do anything about it without rooting and installing some framework tool.

Des Henke

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, this is strange. I bought an S5 a few weeks ago and had to send it back as it had a fault, and I received a new one. My old one showed an icon, but my new one doesn't even though I have updated it. I am in the minority because I want the icon back!

Also, on my old S5, I got a load of info coming up when I restricted background data telling me that various apps would no longer work, but now this does not happen.

Mighty_Red

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got installed the update on my UK S5, this is seriously annoying as hell! Why do I need a permanent reminder for this? At least give me the option of clearing the msg. Will be mucking around with this tomorrow to find a workaround

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got installed the update on my UK S5, this is seriously annoying as hell! Why do I need a permanent reminder for this? At least give me the option of clearing the msg. Will be mucking around with this tomorrow to find a workaround

There isn't a workaround, unless you root!

anower zaved

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I was very annoyed with the power saving notification after update of note 5 . I saw a lot of complain . But I think nobody did try properly . But I just did it successfully. Very happy .

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_d79

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all! My S5 just did a system update and now I can't get rid of the power saving mode icon even with the feature enabled! I am pretty sure before the update I had the 'restrict performance' turned on but the icon was never there, now after the update it won't disappear unless I turn it off. Is there a way to keep the restrict performance on but just to remove the icon at the top?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2