- 116 Posts
Android System and Android OS Battery Killers?
Hey, on I've had the s5 for about 4 weeks now, and the first couple of days the battery was AMAZING. I am still getting pretty good battery life, but the Android System and OS are now using more battery than the screen. This was not the case the first couple of days and I'd like to know if this is normal? If not, what can I do to lower the battery usage of those 2. Thanks in advance.
- 08-11-2014, 01:56 AM #2
Re: Android System and Android OS Battery Killers?
Just because they're using more proportionally more battery than the screen doesn't necessarily mean they're misbehaving. Since the battery stats reports percent usage, the percentage of one item may go up if the percentage of another app goes down. So in other words, if you happened to be using the screen less often during that battery cycle, the other items using battery will end up using a greater percentage than before--but it doesn't mean they're using absolutely more battery than before.
If you're still concerned, show us the following screenshots after discharging to 20-30% from a full 100% charge, in normal use, with no charging in between:
1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen, to see the total Awake time and cell signal strength.
3. The Screen category, to see the total Screen On time.
4. The Cell Standby category, to see the Time Without Signal.
- 08-11-2014, 10:17 AM #3
- 08-11-2014, 11:02 AM #4
- By Bigbee Baws in forum SHIELD TabletReplies: 3Last Post: 10-12-2014, 03:00 PM
What is everyone's opinion on android central lately? I feel like their articles are turning more inBy Eunice SLange in forum The Android Central LoungeReplies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2014, 08:35 PM
- By Anagoge in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 10:53 AM
- By Jack Fearon in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 02:33 AM