Why so much dislike for the s5?

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed while browsing through different websites and their comments that a lot of people do not like the s5 and bash samsung. However, I think this phone is amazing! I think it is better than all of this year's handsets with the LG G3 probably right up there with the s5 if not better than it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Because people today love to hate something so they are cool and a trendy troll. The Internet has made it easy to spread the bashing. I for one love the S5 and before buying it i almost bought the LG G3 glad i didnt.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Because people today love to hate something so they are cool and a trendy troll. The Internet has made it easy to spread the bashing. I for one love the S5 and before buying it i almost bought the LG G3 glad i didnt.

Yeah, I was a victim of hating things for no reason. I tried out every flagship this year, I just got the S5 and I honestly love it better than all of the other phones. This opened my eyes to not be so immediately biased, rather I should try it for myself.

Posted via Android Central App

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed while browsing through different websites and their comments that a lot of people do not like the s5 and bash samsung. However, I think this phone is amazing! I think it is better than all of this year's handsets with the LG G3 probably right up there with the s5 if not better than it.

Jealousy maybe

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
What's the old saying, don't knock it until you've tried it. Like Apple, I think the name alone is one of the reasons.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think some people are just insecure and do it to justify/feel better about their own purchases. Samsung is an easy target because their phones are so popular and well known.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Ithe LG G3 probably right up there with the s5 if not better than it.
Spend a minute at a store and take a good long look at the LG3 screen right next to the screen of the S5.

I don't think I'll have to say much more.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
If I had to hate on the S5 it would be purely based on the lag. It's not bad but considering the specs on the phone I would expect there to be a much smoother transition from screen to screen. And yes, I do blame touchwiz for this as my Nexus 7 performs much more smoothly despite having less specs. I will add that there really isn't a better option offered by Verizon right now. A couple lateral moves but nothing clearly superior to the S5.

theonlybuster

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It's everywhere with every brand and every platform.
It's like the Ford vs Chevy guys, or coke vs pepsi and it's never going to change. It's just one of those things, and it's everywhere. As the saying goes "You can tell how well known you are by the number of people talking about you"

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

I've tried the G3 and M8 at best buy for a test run, I still like my S5. Seriously.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
If touchwiz was really revamped & had more onboard storage I would've purchased it. That's the only thing I dislike about it. It's a great phone tho regardless

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

chris2707

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I may be guilty of the Samsung bashing but feel I may be justified in doing so (this is personal opinion and yes it does not apply to everyone but still...)

Firstly the design is appalling I've had a quick hands on with a few devices (s5 z2 one m8 and nexus 5) before purchasing mine (one m8) and compared to all of the others it just feels cheap and nasty.

Touchwiz is far too bright n looks like it's a childs toy far too many gimmicks n bloatware I mean come off it how many people are going to use a fingerprint scanner on a phone and if you're actually using a heart rate monitor off a phone for any thing serious you're a moron

The only thing that the s5 has over the m8 is the camera and even then if u want waterproofing and dust proofing from a phone the z2 looks a far better option with a better camera

All in all IMO I think its a poor effort from a company of that size that could do so much better if they wanted to I'll take quality over quantity any day thank you sales doesn't equate to something being good and isn't a reason to buy....

Oh and how many people use removable batteries or covers (yes some people may find that useful but that's minority surely)

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think its a great phone so far . That being said I also think is is ugly and cheap . A $600.00 + phone and it's made out of plastic really . And no imagination on design. The folks in the design department should be ashamed of themselves. The New Prime or what ever its' going to be called looks like the S5 but with an aluminum back with the stupid dimples . That's why I keep it hidden in an expensive case .

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Personally I think its a great phone so far . That being said I also think is is ugly and cheap . A $600.00 + phone and it's made out of plastic really . And no imagination on design. The folks in the design department should be ashamed of themselves. The New Prime or what ever its' going to be called looks like the S5 but with an aluminum back with the stupid dimples . That's why I keep it hidden in an expensive case .

I think if its not plastic cover, there wont be a removeable battery option.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree that most of the "haters of anything" are trolls just trying to stir up trouble.

Then they sit back and watch the rumbles start.

The truth is, all of the Samsung phones have been darn good.

I have the 'S' Verizon Fascinate phone, still works great, just like the day it was released. I learned to get around the "bad features" that the trolls loved to expound upon and have had 3 years of very satisfied use with it. Yes, it is slower than anything made today. But it did exactly what it was designed to do and it did it well. Well, almost "well" :)

I kept waiting for something to jar me off my sandpile and the S5 finally did it.
love the S5, it is a terrific phone.

Could it be better? Yes, of course it could It was outdated 15 seconds after Samsung decided to put it to market. That is just the way of technology.

The same thing for my laptop and desktop computers. The instant I laid down the big bucks, they were both outdated and "useless" according to the trolls.

My HP laptop is 7 years old and doing fine thank you. I have a Panasonic Toughbook that only has 250 mByte of RAM. It has Windows 95 on it and it still runs just fine and makes a wonderful hotel browser machine that can withstand falling from a tree limb and still keep working. I can drive my car over it and it just keeps on ticking... do that with any of the present day laptops. Very few can survive a car's tread...

Don't pay any attention to the Naysayers. They are there for everything that's been made. They were there when McCormack marketed his first wheat thrashing machine ( a 100 years ago )which required a big team of horses to pull it. But it thrashed wheat and did it well. But that's another story.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
You would think that if there was any real dislike Samsung wouldn't control the majority of the Android smart phone profit. They also have the top 3 Android selling smartphones with the S5, S4, and Note 3.

Touchwiz has animation lag, but the marketplace doesn't really care that much or their wallets would be speaking louder.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
If the S5 had pure android and on screen buttons, I might like it. But it doesn't, therefore I don't like it. I will never use anything but Nexus devices, or possibly GPE. Manufacturer overlays are not for me. I want it as Google intended.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci