Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why so much dislike for the s5?

I've noticed while browsing through different websites and their comments that a lot of people do not like the s5 and bash samsung. However, I think this phone is amazing! I think it is better than all of this year's handsets with the LG G3 probably right up there with the s5 if not better than it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    bsettz likes this.

Because people today love to hate something so they are cool and a trendy troll. The Internet has made it easy to spread the bashing. I for one love the S5 and before buying it i almost bought the LG G3 glad i didnt.
    Galaxy S4 ATT (Retired)

Galaxy S3 VZW (Retired)

Xoom LTE VZW (Retired)

Nexus 7 2012 (Retired)

Nexus 7 2013 (Retired)

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Galaxy S5 ATT

Default Re: Why so much dislike for the s5?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
    Because people today love to hate something so they are cool and a trendy troll. The Internet has made it easy to spread the bashing. I for one love the S5 and before buying it i almost bought the LG G3 glad i didnt.
    Yeah, I was a victim of hating things for no reason. I tried out every flagship this year, I just got the S5 and I honestly love it better than all of the other phones. This opened my eyes to not be so immediately biased, rather I should try it for myself.

Posted via Android Central App

No more 16gb models

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    I've noticed while browsing through different websites and their comments that a lot of people do not like the s5 and bash samsung. However, I think this phone is amazing! I think it is better than all of this year's handsets with the LG G3 probably right up there with the s5 if not better than it.

Jealousy maybe
    LG-isai
    photoman333 likes this.

What's the old saying, don't knock it until you've tried it. Like Apple, I think the name alone is one of the reasons.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Jermaine Gray likes this.

I honestly think some people are just insecure and do it to justify/feel better about their own purchases. Samsung is an easy target because their phones are so popular and well known.

Ithe LG G3 probably right up there with the s5 if not better than it.
    Spend a minute at a store and take a good long look at the LG3 screen right next to the screen of the S5.

I don't think I'll have to say much more.
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 (usually) in NYC

LG's are junk. And thays not bashing, thats just the truth.

The S5 is bad a$$.

If I had to hate on the S5 it would be purely based on the lag. It's not bad but considering the specs on the phone I would expect there to be a much smoother transition from screen to screen. And yes, I do blame touchwiz for this as my Nexus 7 performs much more smoothly despite having less specs. I will add that there really isn't a better option offered by Verizon right now. A couple lateral moves but nothing clearly superior to the S5.

It's everywhere with every brand and every platform.
    It's like the Ford vs Chevy guys, or coke vs pepsi and it's never going to change. It's just one of those things, and it's everywhere. As the saying goes "You can tell how well known you are by the number of people talking about you"
    Moto Photon Q (work/power phone) / Sam S5 (new primary) / Sam Continuum (music)

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    What's the old saying, don't knock it until you've tried it. Like Apple, I think the name alone is one of the reasons.
    How ironic that is lol. Samsung spends hundreds of millions on bashing the apple name. LOL.
    cbobb123 likes this.

I've tried the G3 and M8 at best buy for a test run, I still like my S5. Seriously.

If touchwiz was really revamped & had more onboard storage I would've purchased it. That's the only thing I dislike about it. It's a great phone tho regardless

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

I may be guilty of the Samsung bashing but feel I may be justified in doing so (this is personal opinion and yes it does not apply to everyone but still...)

Firstly the design is appalling I've had a quick hands on with a few devices (s5 z2 one m8 and nexus 5) before purchasing mine (one m8) and compared to all of the others it just feels cheap and nasty.

Touchwiz is far too bright n looks like it's a childs toy far too many gimmicks n bloatware I mean come off it how many people are going to use a fingerprint scanner on a phone and if you're actually using a heart rate monitor off a phone for any thing serious you're a moron

The only thing that the s5 has over the m8 is the camera and even then if u want waterproofing and dust proofing from a phone the z2 looks a far better option with a better camera

All in all IMO I think its a poor effort from a company of that size that could do so much better if they wanted to I'll take quality over quantity any day thank you sales doesn't equate to something being good and isn't a reason to buy....

Oh and how many people use removable batteries or covers (yes some people may find that useful but that's minority surely)

cbobb123 likes this.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Personally I think its a great phone so far . That being said I also think is is ugly and cheap . A $600.00 + phone and it's made out of plastic really . And no imagination on design. The folks in the design department should be ashamed of themselves. The New Prime or what ever its' going to be called looks like the S5 but with an aluminum back with the stupid dimples . That's why I keep it hidden in an expensive case .

Quote Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
    Personally I think its a great phone so far . That being said I also think is is ugly and cheap . A $600.00 + phone and it's made out of plastic really . And no imagination on design. The folks in the design department should be ashamed of themselves. The New Prime or what ever its' going to be called looks like the S5 but with an aluminum back with the stupid dimples . That's why I keep it hidden in an expensive case .
    I think if its not plastic cover, there wont be a removeable battery option.

I agree that most of the "haters of anything" are trolls just trying to stir up trouble.

Then they sit back and watch the rumbles start.

The truth is, all of the Samsung phones have been darn good.

I have the 'S' Verizon Fascinate phone, still works great, just like the day it was released. I learned to get around the "bad features" that the trolls loved to expound upon and have had 3 years of very satisfied use with it. Yes, it is slower than anything made today. But it did exactly what it was designed to do and it did it well. Well, almost "well"

I kept waiting for something to jar me off my sandpile and the S5 finally did it.
    love the S5, it is a terrific phone.

Could it be better? Yes, of course it could It was outdated 15 seconds after Samsung decided to put it to market. That is just the way of technology.

The same thing for my laptop and desktop computers. The instant I laid down the big bucks, they were both outdated and "useless" according to the trolls.

My HP laptop is 7 years old and doing fine thank you. I have a Panasonic Toughbook that only has 250 mByte of RAM. It has Windows 95 on it and it still runs just fine and makes a wonderful hotel browser machine that can withstand falling from a tree limb and still keep working. I can drive my car over it and it just keeps on ticking... do that with any of the present day laptops. Very few can survive a car's tread...

Don't pay any attention to the Naysayers. They are there for everything that's been made. They were there when McCormack marketed his first wheat thrashing machine ( a 100 years ago )which required a big team of horses to pull it. But it thrashed wheat and did it well. But that's another story.

Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON
    teristark likes this.

You would think that if there was any real dislike Samsung wouldn't control the majority of the Android smart phone profit. They also have the top 3 Android selling smartphones with the S5, S4, and Note 3.

Touchwiz has animation lag, but the marketplace doesn't really care that much or their wallets would be speaking louder.

If the S5 had pure android and on screen buttons, I might like it. But it doesn't, therefore I don't like it. I will never use anything but Nexus devices, or possibly GPE. Manufacturer overlays are not for me. I want it as Google intended.

I completely feel you
    It doesn't seem like many websites like the S5 and bash on Samsung
    I've been in many different websites looking for the best phone, and I've seen the M8, the iPhone 5s, and the LG G3 top plenty of lists, but the S5 doesn't seem to make much of an appearance
    It's such a great phone though, so I wish it would

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

Most people hate something for reasons. Neither love nor hate S5 because I have not tried this phone so far.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

People tend to hate things that become mainstream. When Samsung debuted the first Galaxy S series in 2010, people were jumping on the anti-iPhone bandwagon because it was different. Now, Samsung is widely known and some people just want something to be different. I don't experience any lag with my S5 like others and people's experiences with their phones vary with use.

I have no idea. I used to have an S3 and it was by far the best phone I had ever owned up until that point. Now I have an S5 and it's basically like the S3 except vastly superior in every meaningful way. I've got nothing but praise for this beast.
    Tomcat31b likes this.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Basically most people will complain about something more than they will praise something. If you dislike it (for whatever reason) your more willing to point out the faults you have, but less likely to go out of your way to state a positive opinion. People feel that if enough complain, things they are complaining about will get noticed and possibly be changed, While praises aren't used to make changes or voice opinions for change.... hence people don't have the need to praise a product as much as those wishing to complain
    monsieurms and teristark like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast