Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Account Locked, Due to Abnormal Factory Reset

Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help with this AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 that I found in abroad. Before I get chewed out with accusations of theft, I found the phone in a restaurant and gave to the staff who returned it to me after 3 days an no one had come to claim it.

Anyway, I have been trying to unlock it for use in Italy, but I can't get past the initial setup which is asking for my original Samsung login ID, which I obviously don't have. In addition, I can't flash the rom with Odin or install off of external SD card, because I cannot root it.

Please help!!!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    22,160 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Account Locked, Due to Abnormal Factory Reset

I would contact AT&T to see if the original owner can be found.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by ciao1982 View Post
    Hi all,

I am in desperate need of help with this AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 that I found in abroad. Before I get chewed out with accusations of theft, I found the phone in a restaurant and gave to the staff who returned it to me after 3 days an no one had come to claim it.

Anyway, I have been trying to unlock it for use in Italy, but I can't get past the initial setup which is asking for my original Samsung login ID, which I obviously don't have. In addition, I can't flash the rom with Odin or install off of external SD card, because I cannot root it.

Please help!!!

Thanks!
    Send it back to AT&T since it's not your phone.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

I would have to agree with the above posts. I would take the phone back to AT&T since they can find the owner better than anyone else.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

As others have said, you should return it to att, they can find the owner.

Please do not discuss this topic any further. While I am sure that you honestly found it as you said, but please understand that there are situations in which someone stole a phone and is trying to hack it to get it to work. We do not allow this kind of discussion on this forum. Thank you for your understanding.

I will leave this thread open in case you need help getting in contact with att. Myself and others here are more than happy to help on that front.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174 likes this.

I have this same issue only its a company owned phone and not a found device. A user turned it in to us and I need to get it factory reset so I can redeploy the phone to another user. I have already asked the user for their Samsung credentials once thinking it would let me reset the device to no avail. Every time I try to factory reset the device it comes back up to the Samsung login screen, crying about an abnormal factory reset.