Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The S5 Verizon update killed my microSD :(

Simple as that. I took the update, phone went into recovery mode, rebooted and said update successful. Then a notification that sd card was unmounted. I took it out and plugged it back in, and now it doesn't show up. Not even in my computer with an adapter. Was working fine before for a fact because my audio-books are on it and I was listening to it when i clicked the update button. Anyone else having this problem. Took it into Verizon and they said "Yup its fried." I was going to buy another one on Amazon but I wanted to see if this was a problem maybe I could get a free replacement card.

Thanks,
    Spencer

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: The S5 Verizon update killed my microSD :(

Welcome to AC
    Yeah, I have seen a few other posts where people taking OTAs with the SD card inserted have corruption issues. Might be worth a shot to see if they'll replace it, but they aren't obligated to do so.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan