- 1 Posts
The S5 Verizon update killed my microSD :(
Simple as that. I took the update, phone went into recovery mode, rebooted and said update successful. Then a notification that sd card was unmounted. I took it out and plugged it back in, and now it doesn't show up. Not even in my computer with an adapter. Was working fine before for a fact because my audio-books are on it and I was listening to it when i clicked the update button. Anyone else having this problem. Took it into Verizon and they said "Yup its fried." I was going to buy another one on Amazon but I wanted to see if this was a problem maybe I could get a free replacement card.
- 08-11-2014, 07:13 PM #2
Re: The S5 Verizon update killed my microSD :(
Welcome to AC
Yeah, I have seen a few other posts where people taking OTAs with the SD card inserted have corruption issues. Might be worth a shot to see if they'll replace it, but they aren't obligated to do so.
- By iFalcon in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-15-2014, 08:45 AM
- By jmagid51 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 10:35 PM
- By TJH132 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 2Last Post: 08-11-2014, 07:29 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 06:26 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2014, 05:50 PM