Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Double text posts

Does anyone else with an S5 get double text posts? Both sending and receiving...

Default Re: Double text posts

It's most of the time a carrier issue. Check with your carrier and see what they have to say. I see it occasionally using the AT&T messaging app. What app are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am using the the standard messaging app that came with the phone. Since both my wife and I have an S5, we sometimes get double and quadruple texts...

I did not check with Verizon yet..

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    It's most of the time a carrier issue. Check with your carrier and see what they have to say. I see it occasionally using the AT&T messaging app. What app are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Have you downloaded any other messaging app. That too we I'll cause an issue sometimes.

Disable the OEM message apps.

Install a different one and the problem will likely go away never to be seen again.

I use and like * GO SMS Pro - Android Apps on Google Play
    Verizon Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by AACJ View Post
    Does anyone else with an S5 get double text posts? Both sending and receiving...
    Found a fix. Either delete the updates if stock message app or delete and re-install the 3rd party app.

1. Clear cache
    2. Clear data
    3. Force stop
    4. Shut down the device
    5. Reboot the device
    6. Reinstall app.
    7. Shut down the device
    8. Reboot

You should be good to go. No need to do a factory reset as most carriers recommend.