Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gmail not working properly

I have a gmail account and have had one for some years now . It is working ok on my mac but on my Galaxy S5 only some emails are coming through on my Gmail account as well as me being only alerted for some. Can anyone shed any light or assist please.?

Default Re: Gmail not working properly

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Butt1 View Post
    I have a gmail account and have had one for some years now . It is working ok on my mac but on my Galaxy S5 only some emails are coming through on my Gmail account as well as me being only alerted for some. Can anyone shed any light or assist please.?
    Well, check out the screenshot. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Bob31464 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Butt1 View Post
    Are the missed emails in an specific category (social, update...)? If so go to settings and select the categories to be displayed (and notified).
    Maybe you don't have selected all of them.

Moto G from ACF

I have 2 Gmail accounts, 1 for work and 1 for personal, can Blue Mail be set up so I can receive separate notifications so that I know which account has new mail? If so, that would be awesome.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I forgot to add they're in Priority inbox on my mac , which is divided int 3 sections . 'Important' 'Starred' and 'Everything else' but in my Galaxy s5 they do apear if I tap those folders seperately but I dont get notified about them , the inbox on my Galaxy has priority inbox but only a couple turn up to go in there yet I jave it set to alert me for all emails.

For the notifications go to "manage labels" and check the settings for each one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gmail not working properly-1407972538109.jpg  

And if you want to see all mail in an inbox go to "inbox categories" and untick all others

Quote Originally Posted by Bob31464 View Post
    I have 2 Gmail accounts, 1 for work and 1 for personal, can Blue Mail be set up so I can receive separate notifications so that I know which account has new mail? If so, that would be awesome.
    Well, I only have one gmail account but I think you can receive separate notifications for each one of your two gmail accounts. Check out the screenshot, highly recommended too. This one and Blue Mail are the best two.

Bob31464 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emilioaponte View Post
    Well, I only have one gmail account but I think you can receive separate notifications for each one of your two gmail accounts. Check out the screenshot, highly recommended too. This one and Blue Mail are the best two.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/14/9yvygyne.jpg

Thanks for the tip! I went with Blue Mail, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob31464 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I went with Blue Mail, it's exactly what I've been looking for.
    You are welcome Sir.