Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Duplicate text messages!

I just got the galaxy s5..I am receiving some duplicate text messages, I cannot figure out why! Not every single message comes through twice, just some of them. Also some of my sent ones are showing up twice on my phone (not twice to the recipient though). I have tried to search online and cannot come up with a resolution. Thanks in advance. I have Verizon if that is relevant.

Default Re: Duplicate text messages!

Do you have trouble sending text messages too? If you had the phone activated at the store that can cause trouble. Did you switch from an iphone, if so did you turn of Imessage before you switched? Are you using a network extender? A billion things go wrong on this phone I wish I could get rid of it.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi, no, no problems sending or receiving texts. It only happens sometimes, no rhyme or reason that I can figure out. I did have it activated at the store, and no I have never owned an iPhone, my previous phone was a galaxy as well. I'm not sure what a network extender is. I am using the stock texting that came with the phone, no app or anything like that.

It's a carrier issue. I've had this with both AT&T and Verizon. It seems to be random in nature too. Not all the time. Call your carrier and let them know what is happening. Also make sure you have only one messaging system active at any one time as this too will cause dupes in the messages.

Who is your carrier and what messaging system are you using?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi, I use Verizon, I'm not sure about the messaging system. It's whatever the stock one that came with the phone is.

Best to give them a call and let them know what is happening with the device. Also if you use the messaging system a lot it may be worth it to clear the application cache every so often. I use AT&T and the AT&T messaging system.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok I will try that. I've only had the phone for a week, have never had any other issues with this phone or any previous Galaxy phones so who knows. Thanks so much for your help and quick replies!

Please let me know what the carrier says. Thanks

You've probably already fixed your issue, but for others coming to this thread:

I just got a Droid Turbo from Verizon and it came with Verizon's message+ app which I didn't care for so I was using the native android messaging instead. I was sending duplicate messages fairly frequently until I fully disabled the Verizon message+, which is more than just making the regular messaging app into your default. The Verizon app will keep trying to do all the messaging in the background.

T Mobile tech support couldn't help me with this issue, so I started searching my settings and I believe I've fixed this problem. Under the CALL settings I noticed a checked setting called "Cell Broadcast / Enable receipt of CB messages" - I unchecked it. The multiple texts instantly stopped.