Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default any word on GPe GS5?

I will have to buy a couple of phones next month and I'm definitely getting a Nexus but my gf is obsessed with Samsung button layout (she got hooked and now I know why Samsung won't go to onscreen).
    I was wondering if there's a plan for GPe because I really can't stand TW and bloat.
    Thanks

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: any word on GPe GS5?

I agree that it would be pretty cool to do it again like they did with the S4. I thought that was a superior phone to the stock GS4 in terms of software.
    Haven't heard of anything, but at this point (Over 2 months later in the year than when they announced the GPe GS4) I doubt they're going to release one.

Does your GF have any problems with the bloat?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I agree that it would be pretty cool to do it again like they did with the S4. I thought that was a superior phone to the stock GS4 in terms of software.
    Haven't heard of anything, but at this point (Over 2 months later in the year than when they announced the GPe GS4) I doubt they're going to release one.

Does your GF have any problems with the bloat?
    Not really. She asked me to uninstall apps she doesn't use so I did as many as I could then disabled some and had to hide some. So she's not anal about it as I am (in my case I simply don't want it on my phone). I just will buy phones at MSRP not to get locked into a contract so I'd rather buy models I want.
    Thanks

It wasn't official but pocketnow daily questioned where are the GPE too.

Price is just to high especially when compared to the nexus.

I don't mind skins from LG or Samsung because they do offer features like MultiWindow, QMemo, etc. but I would love if Canada had that option, I would order a GPE of the hTc M8.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    It wasn't official but pocketnow daily questioned where are the GPE too.

Price is just to high especially when compared to the nexus.

I don't mind skins from LG or Samsung because they do offer features like MultiWindow, QMemo, etc. but I would love if Canada had that option, I would order a GPE of the hTc M8.
    Yeah, forgot that there was also a GPE M8. I'd imagine Samsung would want to have it out at the same time as HTC if they were going to have one.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan