Fully transfering phone to S5

Blake 28

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a galaxy s3 with an 8gb memory card.

This weekend I plan on upgrading to an s5 rooting it and using titanium backup to restore as much as possible. I want to make sure I do everything in the correct order.

First I am going to make a titanium backup. Now if I copy the full 8gb memory card to a new 64gb card, will it still function properly after everything.

I figured I would root the phone, install titanium, use titanium to restore.

Are there any steps I am missing, or an easier way to do this?

Also, are there any good ATT S5 roms available at all with detailed instructions as well as restoring stock if you mess up.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Install Samsung Kies 3 on your computer. Hook up Galaxy S3, make a backup of everything! Get your GS5. Bring it home and plug it into computer and fire up Kies and restore. Done.

Your app will all have to be redownloaded from Play Store, but they will all be listed there. If you have your phone set to automatically backup your appdata in background to Google, it should get restored when you reinstall the app and re-sync to Google.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Hours? What kind of a data connection or wifi do you have? Must be slow then. Do whatever you want. Make sure you read about all the trouble with rooting this phone first.

Cobus Claassens

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I have Kies 3.0.1.13112_5 installed on my Mac powerbook. My Samsung Galaxy grand2 syncs reasonably well with Kies, (music manual loading aside) but this version of Kies does not seem to pick up the new S5 i just bought. What am I doing wrong? Since you are an expert, may I also ask, my current Samsung galaxy has learned all the predictive text of the two languages I mostly use, english and afrikaans. How do I get this into my new Samsung S5 without having to "retrain" the device from the start. Many thanks in advance for your advice.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
may I also ask, my current Samsung galaxy has learned all the predictive text of the two languages I mostly use, english and afrikaans. How do I get this into my new Samsung S5 without having to "retrain" the device from the start. Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Very good point and I sort of wished I could have retained my prior keyboard's "knowledge" of my thought patterns.

But, I switched to a new keyboard ( SwiftKey ) and it very quickly learned how I talk. If you are not currently using SwiftKey, put that on your new S5 and give it a try.

* SwiftKey Keyboard - Android Apps on Google Play

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you can't or prefer not to root your S5 then you still can get move your apps and data using Hellium, after using it I prefer it over Titanium backup (and I paid for both full versions) for the simple fact that I prefer not to root the S5 (at least for now), my office is paying for it and I'd prefer to keep it as stock as possible.

Cobus Claassens

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Everyone, many thanks, S5 now syncing well with Kies and Swiftkey was totally the answer. Best about Swiftkey is I can load english and afrikaans, my mother tongue, and it spells both languages at the same time!! Awesome.

Another question if I may, I managed to get my iTunes play lists onto Kies by importing them. How do I get same playlists, with same content and names, onto my S5?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane