Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Earpiece speaker rattle during calls. Is this normal?

Hey guys. I just upgraded from an S3 to an S5 a few days ago and I'm loving it so far. One thing that's bugging me though is that whenever I'm using my phone as an actual phone (Who actually makes phone calls anymore, right?!) there is an annoying buzzing/rattling/almost kind of like distortion) when the person is talking to me. It usually goes away if I turn the volume almost all the way down, but this is obviously not a practical option since I'm not always making phone calls in a dead silent room. The speaker phone works fine. This only happens when I'm using the earpiece. Is this normal? Is it related to the camera autofocus sensor rattle? Are the sound vibrations from a person's voice enough to set off the rattle? It's really annoying as I tend to make phone calls a lot and I don't like using speaker phone or a headset. Does anyone else have this problem? This was never an issue on my S3.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Earpiece speaker rattle during calls. Is this normal?

Lol, bump.

Ooookayyy... So at this point I'll be happy to settle for a simple yes or no from people. Is anyone else having an earpiece speaker buzzing/rattling issue? Did I get a lemon?

I have it but it seems to be call dependant. That is it's present in some calls but not others. This, of course is with the volume equalized so that is not what causes it. If it was the phone itself it would effect every call and it doesn't. So I think it's somehow related to signal strength or something like that.
    Sent from Verizon Galaxy S5 (usually) in NYC

This reminds me of the same issue I had on my blackberry Curve 8300 back in the day and I remember fixing the problem with a sound settings change..... unfortunately, can't remember what I did

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dadathepanda View Post
    This reminds me of the same issue I had on my blackberry Curve 8300 back in the day and I remember fixing the problem with a sound settings change..... unfortunately, can't remember what I did

Posted via Android Central App
    But are you experiencing this issue on your S5 as well?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Hey megagene did you ever find a solution to this? My phone is kind of like this as well and I'm trying to figure out of its worth making a warranty claim for or not.