Galaxy S5 Front Facing Camera is Grainy and Images Look Washed Out

allieebee

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
It's not even close. One has colors the other does not. Sand is brown, not gray....I have Polaroids from the mid 70's that are much clearer, better pixels and better colors than the S5

Could it be the weather (sunny day vs. not sunny day)? But you're right, the sand colour looks paler than the one taken from the older photo (cute dog!). I noticed the same thing with my S5 front camera, the colour is def. not as rich and realistic as the colours from picture taken with my S3 front camera. I will try to test the back camera this weekend too see.

shaila101

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
OMG YES. I JUST got the phone today and I noticed that the front facing camera is grainy and distorted a little and the regular camera is a bit blurry. How do I fix it ? I tried changing the display mode and the effects but it's still pretty much the same :/

shaila101

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
OMG You are in the EXACT same predicament as me ! But I mean the s3 front camera wasn't the absolute best, but it was a little better than the s5 front facing camera. Ugh I too heard that the s5 had an AMAZING camera and quality. Somebody lied.

Sherryplus

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not alone...
Is there any work around to this? I hate to be able to only take selfies in mornings... the front camera of iPhone 5s is way better than S5 ' s....

Posted via the Android Central App

Sherryplus

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I compared couple of S5 in a shop....
And only under a sunny day I would get something "USABLE".... The Note 3 even has a way better front cam. I don't know why Samsung made this low move with the S5. I've sold my S5 and got the Note 4. It has a good front cam. One thing many didn't remove a plastic sticker from the front camera, make sure to remove that...

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Turn off the Beauty Face features. So garbage. And unless it's an outdoor/daytime selfie, set the timer and flip to the rear camera lol.

ericmazariegos

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys Yeah, turn off beauty face. Set it to manual. Change the exposure to - 1... For some r4ason Android phones love to overexpose, leading to grainy and blurry photos if the lighting is less than stellar. Also, turn off the Night Mode or whatever it's called... The stabilization feature which makes taking a pic in low light a grueling 10 second affair... Lol.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I noticed this too but I usually only use the front camera if I'm sending ridiculous snap chats to friends, otherwise I don't really have a use for it personally. It is a bit of an annoyance but if I was selfie crazy I would probably have more of a gripe about it myself

Maggie104755

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I just got the S5 last night, (my S4 front camera broke). The front camera is still grainy & distorted. Not sure what I am going to do because I sell makeup & need to be able to take good selfies without touching them up. I am assuming Samsung couldn't fix the problem with an update. I am really bummed because the S6 doesn't have an SD card so I had to got to the S5.

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I hate that the front camera is grainy and looks like your taking a photo using a webcam. It almost makes me want to switch back to an iPhone... to be honest. I've liked everything on my Galaxy S5 except this front camera issue.

I've tried adjusting the light exposure and etc. Which sort of makes it a little better. it still isn't that great. Like everyone else has said. The back camera is way better.

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
I went to settings for my front facing camera and turned the exposure level to 0. Also turn on your low light detection. This helped the quality of the pictures A LOT!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane