Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging cover separation

Hi. Last night I brought my phone out of my pocket and I saw that my charging cover has separated.
    There was a solid black little thing that had come out from where the charging cover had separated. Anybody has an idea of what that is? Should I take my phone to a Samsung store?
    Thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Charging cover separation

Use a small screw driver to re-attach it. The small, black item is the screw. If its broken, search Amazon to buy a replacement for about $ 12.00.

If you are not handy, buy the part from Amazon and take it to your carrier store for them to re-attach it.

I just bought a replacement part last night. Apparently while I was sleeping my dog tried eating my phone...

Quote Originally Posted by jaleesag88 View Post
    I just bought a replacement part last night. Apparently while I was sleeping my dog tried eating my phone...
    Time to throw the dog out with the dish water :rofl:

I have my phone in a case and have never had any issues with the back case trying to come off. I do have a Qi wireless charger installed in it also.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    Time to throw the dog out with the dish water :rofl:

I have my phone in a case and have never had any issues with the back case trying to come off. I do have a Qi wireless charger installed in it also.

* Qi Standard Wireless Charger kit 'mine' for $18.99 and includes the Charger Pad
    Yeah... My phone suffered a few bite marks on the silver edge and my charging cover is MIA but other than that there isn't a mark! My screen protector was demolished though.