Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Picasa vs Google+ Photos - What's the difference?

I've been using Picasa for several years but I've managed to avoid activating my Google+ account until getting an Android phone. My only reason for even activating the Google+ account was so I could leave feedback for various apps, otherwise I'd still have no need or use for it. But now I've got it anyway so I might as well see if there's anything useful about it. So what's the difference between the 2? Any pros and cons from one to the other?

Also, if I decide to sync my phone with either Picasa or Google+ photos, are there adjustable settings to determine which photos get synced, or will my phone just automatically sync anytime a new photo is taken with or added to my phone? If I enable the sync feature and then delete unwanted photos from my phone, will they automatically delete from my Picasa albums as well, or do I also have to go into Picasa and delete them from there as well?

9,775 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,040 Global Posts
    Stock 5.0.1

Default Re: Picasa vs Google+ Photos - What's the difference?

Google Photos is (or already has) replacing Picasa. You can't set a certain type of picture you don't want to backup, only when they backup.
    Deleting the photo from the Photos app will also delete it from Google's servers/your account.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2