Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Installed apps does not appear?

Hi, I installed apps and they are 'installed' as per play google. However, my s5 does not receive any notification of installing the app and also the app is nowhere to be found, even in application manager.

Anyone have a fix?

Thanks!

Default Re: Installed apps does not appear?

Have you tried rebooting the phone? I know there was a similar bug like this on my HTC One back a while ago. A reboot and then all the sudden certain apps reappeared.

But your are saying if you pull up your application drawer you can't locate any of the recently downloaded apps?
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried rebooting several times and they do not appear.

They do not appear in the application manager as well.

Wow very odd.

And your getting the notification that the app has downloaded and installed?

If you open your Google Play Store app and click on the upper left corner hamburger icon and select MY APPS from the list does it show those missing apps as installed in the list?
    Paul

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Sometimes that happens if you factory reset your phone. Just reinstall from app store on pc and it should be pushed to your phone

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I am not getting any notification of downloading and installing.

The apps are listed in the google play store apps.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by dadathepanda View Post
    Sometimes that happens if you factory reset your phone. Just reinstall from app store on pc and it should be pushed to your phone

Posted via Android Central App
    Can I know how to reinstall the app store?

Quote Originally Posted by onizukaeikichi View Post
    Can I know how to reinstall the app store?
    I think the point they were making was via your computer you can log into Google Play and then select an application and have it " pushed " downloaded to your device over the air.
    Paul

they are not in the app drawer either??

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts

Do you have Data turned on and your phone set to sync ?

There is a setting in the play store settings. Open the play store, swipe from the left to bring the list and go to settings. See if the add icon the home screen option is checked. I think you've got something else going in but it's worth a try. You might try booting in safe mode and wiping the cache too. If that doesn't work, you're looking at a factory reset.