- 1 Posts
usb 3.0 cable
got my s5 last week and it didnt come with a usb 3.0 cable. bought one off ebay which said it was genuine samsung and it does not connect or transfer at usb 3.0 speeds (nor is the usb 3.0 option available on the drop down menu on usb options) i complained and bought another from another seller. this one was exactly the same. suspecting a problem on the phone or my usb port i tried a cable from a usb 3.0 hard drive i have and it works perfectly. has anyone had any issues. could it just be that i have bought 2 chinese rip off samsung cables? they looked legit but then knock offs do these days.
- 08-16-2014, 04:20 PM #2
- 08-17-2014, 02:11 PM #3
Re: usb 3.0 cable
I have a gob of cables laying around. None of them are USB 3.0 and none of them will connect to Kies 3.0
The cable that came with the S5 phone though is and works fine.
I recently bought another OEM Samsung USB 3.0 cable to have as a spare "just in case".
I just do not trust unlabeled junk stuff. Any cable that retails at $3 or less is junk.
- By geoffliu in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 08-20-2014, 10:53 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-20-2014, 11:29 AM
- By RawwwwwrxD in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2014, 09:18 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-15-2014, 04:25 PM
- By GeorgeLazenby in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)Replies: 0Last Post: 08-15-2014, 05:30 AM