Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default usb 3.0 cable

got my s5 last week and it didnt come with a usb 3.0 cable. bought one off ebay which said it was genuine samsung and it does not connect or transfer at usb 3.0 speeds (nor is the usb 3.0 option available on the drop down menu on usb options) i complained and bought another from another seller. this one was exactly the same. suspecting a problem on the phone or my usb port i tried a cable from a usb 3.0 hard drive i have and it works perfectly. has anyone had any issues. could it just be that i have bought 2 chinese rip off samsung cables? they looked legit but then knock offs do these days.

Default Re: usb 3.0 cable

I believe USB 3.0 is only supported on devices that supports it. I bought 2, 3.0 USB cable and they work fine and they are from ebay.

The originals from samsung are made in china anyways.

Default Re: usb 3.0 cable

I have a gob of cables laying around. None of them are USB 3.0 and none of them will connect to Kies 3.0

The cable that came with the S5 phone though is and works fine.

I recently bought another OEM Samsung USB 3.0 cable to have as a spare "just in case".

I just do not trust unlabeled junk stuff. Any cable that retails at $3 or less is junk.
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day, using ART
    Box Stock, not rooted
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off=Wifi & Data OFF,
    senses Scrn on=WiFi & Data ON