Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default S5 lock screen messages ?

    Hey there, new owner of a s5 and also new to android all together. The issue i'm having is when I receive a text message from anyone, on the lock screen it says I have 2 or 3 messages. Of course the initial text shows at first, but how can I make it not say like 2 messages received, and instead show me a list of like

    " contact a - preview message

    contact 2 - preview message"

    is that an option? kinda like to see from my lock screen that my wife and mother texted me earlier instead of going oh look, 4 messages, and having to open it up just to see who it was.

    Work in the OR so its not always possible to just open it up each time, just need information at a glance.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Moon View Post
    Hey there, new owner of a s5 and also new to android all together. The issue i'm having is when I receive a text message from anyone, on the lock screen it says I have 2 or 3 messages. Of course the initial text shows at first, but how can I make it not say like 2 messages received, and instead show me a list of like

    " contact a - preview message

    contact 2 - preview message"

    is that an option? kinda like to see from my lock screen that my wife and mother texted me earlier instead of going oh look, 4 messages, and having to open it up just to see who it was.

    Work in the OR so its not always possible to just open it up each time, just need information at a glance.
    Perhaps a third party lock screen, but not with the stock one.
    Was this a feature on a former phone of yours?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan



    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Perhaps a third party lock screen, but not with the stock one.
    Was this a feature on a former phone of yours?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    Yeah i'm swapping from an iphone. When I hit the power button from when its turned off it shows me a small preview of whats been sent to me. like it'll say

    My wife's name - You going to be home on time tonight?

    and it will be in its own bubble. Just makes it easier than having to go ... crap ... who messaged me, when you cant really touch the phone. ( have someone just hit the power button for me and say oh its the wife, all is good.

    any third party apps you recomend for that?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    No apps that I am aware of to do that on Android.

    Don't mean they don't exist, I just haven't seen any that will.

    Personally, I just open the lockscreen and pull down the notifications screen and that gives you what you want.
    ____________________________________
    2 each, Verizon Galaxy S5, KK 4.4.4, ART
    MyPhoneExplorer allows file access if ur phone crashes.
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail, Qi wireless equipped
    MacroDroid extends your battery life.
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    OTA updates via WiFi only:
    my WiFi is permanently OFF until Verizon fixes 5.0

  5. #5  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZgl1500 View Post
    No apps that I am aware of to do that on Android.

    Don't mean they don't exist, I just haven't seen any that will.

    Personally, I just open the lockscreen and pull down the notifications screen and that gives you what you want.
    Yeah, I'm not aware of any either unfortunately
    Doesn't really bother me, but I can see why you would miss that feature from iOS.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan



    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    Wow iPhone actually has something Samsung doesn't? Hmmmm
    Thanked by:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    Quote Originally Posted by joe watson1 View Post
    Wow iPhone actually has something Samsung doesn't? Hmmmm
    There are quite a few things, actually. And vice versa

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan



    Current Devices:
    Galaxy Note 4
    rMBP 13"
    iPad 2
  8. #8  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    I use SlideLock. You can find it in Google Play.

    Posted with my badass Galaxy S5
  9. #9  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    There are quite a few things, actually. And vice versa

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    I know I was kidding. Just funny because Samsung spends so much time and money bashing Apple to make people think they have it all.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: S5 lock screen messages ?

    When I used an app called handcent for text messages you could have it set to display text message on the lock screen or any app you are using at that time..... I now use hangouts for text... I cannot remember exactly how to set it up😕... But just look around the settings and you'll be able to find out more

    Sent from my nexus 7

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 06:13 PM
  2. S5 battery voltage question.
    By Brandon Warrington in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2014, 12:01 AM
  3. galaxy s2 cracked screen
    By Demond Banks in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 11:25 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 10:27 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2014, 10:26 PM

Posting Permissions