Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

That is awful! I have been using my phone with medium usage. I am down to 7% from 100. 30 minutes of playing modern combat 5 . 30 minutes surfing the Web using Chrome. And 2 hours of chatting and browsing the gallery. That is awful. I have seen people mentioning they have 1 day of medium usage with LTE. But I was completely on WiFi. And right now that I'm typing this post, my battery has gotten down to 5 percent.
    I have everything turned of. Motions and gestures, GPS is set to Power saving and....
    My old iPad mini lasts longer than this. I live my phone, the great performance it has but, the battery is terrible.
    Have any ideas?
    And I have been in a strong signal today.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts

Default Re: Terrible battery usage

Do you use Google + for photos back up ?

Posted via the Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Nope

Firstly, I am not a game player so no games on my phone.

I use it quite a bit, but nothing like what you are doing.

I browse the internet using CM Browser which is far better and more efficient than Chrome.

* CM Browser - Fast & Secure - Android Apps on Google Play

I do a lot of news reading and watching TV news videos, some YouTube videos, and a lot of forums which is mostly text.

My phone's battery is rarely below 60% at the end of the day, but has been as low as 35% if I push it a lot harder than usual.

I have all Background services turned OFF.
    I always have Sync turned OFF.

I have disabled all of the bloatware that came with the phone, S Health is disabled, parts of Google services are disabled (careful here, Play Store will quit if you turn off the wrong thing )
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off=Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on=WiFi Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by Parham Goudarzi View Post
    That is awful! I have been using my phone with medium usage. I am down to 7% from 100. 30 minutes of playing modern combat 5 . 30 minutes surfing the Web using Chrome. And 2 hours of chatting and browsing the gallery. That is awful. I have seen people mentioning they have 1 day of medium usage with LTE. But I was completely on WiFi. And right now that I'm typing this post, my battery has gotten down to 5 percent.
    I have everything turned of. Motions and gestures, GPS is set to Power saving and....
    My old iPad mini lasts longer than this. I live my phone, the great performance it has but, the battery is terrible.
    Have any ideas?
    And I have been in a strong signal today.

post up the screen time and battery usage

Here is my performance in the current cycle:

Terrible battery usage-gsam-pro_2014-08-17-15-55-03.jpg

I use Ultra Power Savings Mode when just using telephone and messaging and do not need my other apps.

Without data, all anyone can do is make random guesses about what's using up your battery. Charge you phone to 100% (not 99%, not 90%), unplug it, use it normally until the battery is below 50%, and then capture screen shots of you battery status screens and post them here.

Here's an example of the screens I'm referring to: Why is my battery draining so quickly?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
    Here is my performance in the current cycle:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GSam Pro_2014-08-17-15-55-03.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	132582

I use Ultra Power Savings Mode when just using telephone and messaging and do not need my other apps.
    So why in the world would you have smartphone at all with that usage pattern? A Nokia 3300 would be sufficient! 😉

Playing games on any smartphone will suck the battery dry, why you are surprised i'm not sure, as the screen is on for long periods and the CPU is usually maxxed out. For example play any of the graphically rich games and you knock off 30-50% battery in no time. Its the same if you play movies or videos for any length of time. Try using your phone one day without playing combat and then check your batt stats.
    Resendetra likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks for all of your replies , Tomorrow I will post my statics

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

One other thing.. Can pedometer use too much battery? Because mine is always on

One other thing.. Can pedometer use too much battery? Because mine is always on

It shouldn't do unless it checking for your location constantly.

Can you post a picture of your battery stats?
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Can you post a picture of your battery stats?
    Why? he's a gamer, so screen time and CPU are draining his battery. Its not rocket science
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

That's it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible battery usage-screenshot_2014-08-18-19-02-13.jpg   Terrible battery usage-screenshot_2014-08-18-19-02-22.jpg  

10hrs uptime and 3hrs screen time, those stats are good considering the gaming you do imo.

That's it

Yeah I bet if you tap the time (where it says 10 hours) it will show the screen on and awake from that dive on.. Which is from the game.. So it's definitely going to be the gaming .

Quote Originally Posted by bIOforger View Post
    Why? he's a gamer, so screen time and CPU are draining his battery. Its not rocket science
    We like to ensure all angels are covered and not just assume... We have seen drains from people who play minimal games and it wasn't the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    We like to ensure all angels are covered and not just assume... We have seen drains from people who play minimal games and it wasn't the game .
    Yep I realise that, but in this case it's pretty clear cut

Posted from my S5 using Tapatalk

@ Op

As you can see below.. I have rocked my battery hard. Mainly the screen but also I'm constantly streaming via LTE.. Which doesn't help.. But... The screen is always the biggest drain...

So playing games puts the screen on but also the GPU on the phone as well has to work harder... It will kill the battery pretty fast .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Terrible battery usage-1408377445498.jpg   Terrible battery usage-1408377453505.jpg   Terrible battery usage-1408377461901.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by osvanberg View Post
    So why in the world would you have smartphone at all with that usage pattern? A Nokia 3300 would be sufficient!
    Purposes: emergency phone when away from the house and in my car, playing music (Amazon) when walking the dog and shopping in the supermarket; reading Amazon eBooks when away from the house; sending and receiving text messages with the family. Most of my actual phone calls are made from the house using a copper wire like with a base and 4 wireless extensions..

Even those, who use the apps aggressively, would benefit from use Ultra Power Saving Mode when not using the apps. They can still make and receive phone calls and text messages in that mode.

Finally, that Mode ends app activities which may have been running out of control after an update.

In that mode

Quote Originally Posted by osvanberg View Post
    So why in the world would you have smartphone at all with that usage pattern? A Nokia 3300 would be sufficient!
    Purposes: emergency phone when away from the house and in my car, playing music (Amazon) when walking the dog and shopping in the supermarket; reading Amazon eBooks when away from the house; sending and receiving text messages with the family. Most of my actual phone calls are made from the house using a copper wire connection with a base and 4 wireless extensions which is immune for the base from power outages which also takes down cell towers.

Even those, who use the apps aggressively, would benefit from use Ultra Power Saving Mode when not using the apps. They can still make and receive phone calls and text messages in that mode.

Finally, that Mode ends app activities which may have been running out of control after an update.

In that mode

Originally Posted by osvanberg
    So why in the world would you have smartphone at all with that usage pattern? A Nokia 3300 would be sufficient! ������

=================================================

That kind of a response is uncalled for and childish.

how Sirmaru uses his phone is his business. Like how I use mine with the internet turned OFF all the time unless I want to use the phone.

We each choose how we want to use our electronic devices.

I don't care how you use yours, or anyone else uses theirs. I do care how I use mine.

Sirmaru and I are accomplishing just about the same thing, but we are approaching it differently.

He is manually turning off the internet via the Power Saving Mode. I choose to do it with MacroDroid which senses the screen status. Screen locked, no internet and all apps are terminated. Screen unlocked, internet ON.

Getting rid of the internet unloads the CPU and lets it idle sipping battery power at a very low rate.

Sirmaru and I both have a nearly full battery when we choose to use our phone, regardless of 15 minutes after off the charger, or 15 hours off the charger... which happens to be the case for my phone right now and it is showing 70% battery available.

That after a lot of heavy use during lunch today. Don't know about Sirmaru, but I am in a very rural area and 1x is the best signal that I can get a lot of the time.... so why have the S5's radio transmitter cranking out at full power trying to find a 4g signal?
    Verizon Galaxy S5 since Launch Day using ART

Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail
    MacroDroid > Scrn off=Wifi Data OFF > Scrn on=WiFi Data ON

Quote Originally Posted by bIOforger View Post
    10hrs uptime and 3hrs screen time, those stats are good considering the gaming you do imo.
    Yep, I have to agree. Turning brightness down a bunch might help some, but other than that probably not much you can do other than get an extended battery or charge it more often.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    bIOforger likes this.

Which phone do you have and how old is it?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast