Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S5 froze

My phone just froze up. Nothing on it works. how do I fix it?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: My S5 froze

Welcome to AC
    Going to start with the obvious. Have you done a battery pull on your device and rebooted it?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

not sure how to open the new phone. (I am very green using this phone)

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by dougandalice View Post
    not sure how to open the new phone. (I am very green using this phone)
    It's fairly easy. Just pull of the back (battery door) and pull the battery. There should be an opening where you can use your finger to just pop it off.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by dougandalice View Post
    My phone just froze up. Nothing on it works. how do I fix it?
    How did you put the battery in when you got it?? and your sd and sim etc? take off the back cover and the big thing that says samsung and some text on it is the battery to pull it out and put it back in and put the back cover on again and turn it on

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the store he bought it from put in the battery and sim (if it has one).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Slashyou View Post
    How did you put the battery in when you got it?? and your sd and sim etc? take off the back cover and the big thing that says samsung and some text on it is the battery to pull it out and put it back in and put the back cover on again and turn it on
    The battery is already inside the phone when you get it. My carrier rep put in the sim for me when I bought it

I'm green too. When mine froze I think I did hold power button and vol down to reboot

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    The battery is already inside the phone when you get it. My carrier rep put in the sim for me when I bought it
    Lol really ? Well then you have to eat the phone,s backcover loose or pull with internet help if you cant get it off LOL

Here's a link to the manual. Instructions on how to insert the battery are on page 12: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...D06_140312.pdf

If the battery pull doesn't work, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x