What is the fastest browser for the Galaxy S5?

Patchyy94

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Well its sorta self explanatory, but what's the fastest mobile browser for Android or Galaxy S5 I use Chrome but I want something better any suggestions. What one do you use??

Posted via S5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome on my Nexus 5 and find it quite fast. But I've also tried Now Browser, which is a pretty lean browser, and it's pretty speedy as well.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Last I checked, Chrome was one of the better browsers on the market. Opera and Puffin are also pretty good in terms of loading speed, but I didn't notice much of a difference when using those compared to Chrome. Now I just use Chrome since I like the UI best.

Patchyy94

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I've been trying to find one better than chrome but idk I haven't found any yet and I wish there was something faster than it

Posted via S5

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've been trying to find one better than chrome but idk I haven't found any yet and I wish there was something faster than it

Posted via S5
Well you won't really find any that are noticeably better. Maybe try out some of the more popular ones to see if they have other features you like, but in terms of page loading, there isn't going to be any that blow it out of the water.

Patchyy94

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Well you won't really find any that are noticeably better. Maybe try out some of the more popular ones to see if they have other features you like, but in terms of page loading, there isn't going to be any that blow it out of the water.

I'm trying Firefox now so far it's good

Posted via S5

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Firefox for a few years and find it quite good for what I do. I've also been playing with Atlas a relatively new browser, free in the Playstore, and for what it does it's extremely quick. You may want to give it a try also.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well its sorta self explanatory, but what's the fastest mobile browser for Android or Galaxy S5 I use Chrome but I want something better any suggestions. What one do you use??

Posted via S5

I found that Dolphin Browser is fastest, but it doesn't copy and paste. I am currently using Boat Browser which is faster than Opera. All 3 of these browsers support the ICS version of Flash Player which is a must for me.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin is what I use. I extensively compared Dolphin to Opera and found that Dolphin handled text reflow a lot more smoothly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAWTd9h1lbI

Text reflow is a HUGE must for me as I read a lot of web pages on my phone and I want the browser to reformat text to the sixe of my screen so I don't have to scroll side to side to read every line. How you Chrome guys tolerate this is utterly beyond me. At the present time only Dolphin and Opera do text reflow. Also I found that while Opera was a superb browser, maybe even faster than Dolphin, it was a bit of a resource hog with regard to effect on battery life. Dolphin seems to be a bit more 'efficient.'

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I found that Dolphin Browser is fastest, but it doesn't copy and paste.

Huh? Sure it does. I copy and paste all the time from Dolphin. It might be the specific web page you're looking at that prevents this. But Dolphin itself has no effect on the ability to C & P.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Dolphin for me, simply put its the quickest scrolling browser i've used so far. Chrome, FFox and such like seem to lag when there is a lot of graphical or embedded video content on a page.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I've been using FF, dolphin and chrome for a while and my favourite is the last beta version of chrome. Fast and easy to use. Couple of edges but nothing important for me.
I've been testing the new Atlas. Nice and good ideas. Worth a try.

copywrite

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
To me Chrome is the most refined browser and I always end up going back to it after trying another option. Make sure you do the about:flags tweaks, they really speed it up.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Dolphin seemed to be the fastest for me but I still prefer Chrome over anything else.

I had been using Dolphin for years and finally ditched it. It takes way too long for the keyboard to pop up when I open the app. This suddenly started happening several updates ago and they never really addressed it. Maybe it's because I use SwiftKey but I tested it out with the stock keyboard and found it to be laggy as well. I might try downloading it again because I love the gestures and overall feel of the browser but the keyboard pop up lag was just so annoying. I've been using Firefox and like it alright. I love and always use Firefox for my computer browser.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Huh? Sure it does. I copy and paste all the time from Dolphin. It might be the specific web page you're looking at that prevents this. But Dolphin itself has no effect on the ability to C & P.

I am unable to copy and paste on these forums using Dolphin.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
The fastest browser IMO is puffin browser. It's one of the few browsers that you have to pay for in order to get the full version. But it's fast and you will not get the message that tells you that you're using outdated browser. It's fully flash compatible, which means you will be able to listen to Internet radios and watch videos that require flash video, which most of Android browsers cannot oblige.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith