[FIXED] S Health Problem

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Since my S4, with the release of S Health, I have been a heavy user off the app. I purchased the S5 at it's release and the S Health app restored fine and has been working great.

I had an auto backup feature which randomly stopped on the 17th of July and has since not worked. I have tried numerous steps, but no luck. I have deleted the cache, forsed stopped and restarted but no joy. One thing I don't want to do is to delete the data of the app - reason why I use it so heavily. It won't show up on the Samsung App store with an update either - a few of my colleagues seem to have a slightly newer version but they don't use the app therefore cant test the backup feature.

Currently on version; SH-V30H ver 3.2.2.0005

Please Help. Going Out of my mind here.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: S Health Problem

My version is 2.5.5.051, I'm guessing it's because I'm on a Note 3...but haven't had any issues with backups so I don't think it's a server issue.

If your friends have an S5 and don't use S-Health, why don-t you try restoring your profile on their phones and see if that backs up from there (trying to rule out an account issue).

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

My version is 2.5.5.051, I'm guessing it's because I'm on a Note 3...but haven't had any issues with backups so I don't think it's a server issue.

If your friends have an S5 and don't use S-Health, why don-t you try restoring your profile on their phones and see if that backs up from there (trying to rule out an account issue).

I wish I still was on my S4 S Health - it was plagued with less issues, if any!

As for the friend thing you suggested, it is colleagues I mentioned, not friends.. If it were friends, I would have taken the phone(s) and tried it myself, but don't have that flexibility with those who are strictly on a professional level with a hint of personal!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, you can always go to a store and let them try out the S5 for a few minutes. All you're looking for is if you can sync the data to another phone. After you do (and if it does), you can always clear data on S-Health and be done with it. It should take only a few minutes, if you can convince a coworker to lend a hand (or a phone, in this case hehe).

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Good Idea, however I'm confused. What am I trying? Because the problem persists with it not backing up since the 17th of last month. I have no doubt it can restore as it says there is a restore file from the 17th July, But for some obscure reason, it has stopped backup automatically and wont let me backup manually either and comes up with an error saying backup failed.

I have tried looking for an update to fix the issue, but Samsung store doesn't show anything and I don't want to resort to wiping the data of the app, as like ive said, it has only backed up till 17th of last month.

I'm sorry about this, but ive become a die-hard fan of S-Health and record everything on there, and it'll be a major blow if I cant backup etc,

Your help is greatly appreciated

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Since my S4, with the release of S Health, I have been a heavy user off the app. I purchased the S5 at it's release and the S Health app restored fine and has been working great.

I had an auto backup feature which randomly stopped on the 17th of July and has since not worked. I have tried numerous steps, but no luck. I have deleted the cache, forsed stopped and restarted but no joy. One thing I don't want to do is to delete the data of the app - reason why I use it so heavily. It won't show up on the Samsung App store with an update either - a few of my colleagues seem to have a slightly newer version but they don't use the app therefore cant test the backup feature.

Currently on version; SH-V30H ver 3.2.2.0005

Please Help. Going Out of my mind here.

Is your phone rooted ??
if yes then you may be out of luck sry.
if no boot into recovery and clear cashe and reboot
and see if it helps?

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Is your phone rooted ??
if yes then you may be out of luck sry.
if no boot into recovery and clear cashe and reboot
and see if it helps?

It isn't rooted so I tried wiping the cache through recovery, Sadly no luck :'(

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Did it just stop working one day? did you mess with everything? other health apps or something?

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

:( well try to go into settings>apps>find s health and reset clear defaults??

Just tried that - says 'No defaults set' - so it wont let me click the 'clear defaults' button

Did it just stop working one day? did you mess with everything? other health apps or something?

Yup, just randomly stopped working. I've not tampered with anything as I use the app heavily and wouldn't want it to mess up on me. I regularly check if the backup is working on all apps I use - that give the functionality and came across this not working. Assumed it was a server side error so kept trying every few days etc etc until couldn't handle it any longer so posted it on here.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Just tried that - says 'No defaults set' - so it wont let me click the 'clear defaults' button

Yup, just randomly stopped working. I've not tampered with anything as I use the app heavily and wouldn't want it to mess up on me. I regularly check if the backup is working on all apps I use - that give the functionality and came across this not working. Assumed it was a server side error so kept trying every few days etc etc until couldn't handle it any longer so posted it on here.

Oh ok :p try to delete your s health widgets if you have any if not try to open task manager and clear ram afterwards?

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Oh ok :p try to delete your s health widgets if you have any if not try to open task manager and clear ram afterwards?

I tried this. Still no Luck. I know for a fact clearing the 'data' of the app should help, however, it's the fact that I will loose the data in the first place which i'm worried about. Is there any apps which I can backup the data off an app? I've tried a few but they all ask for root to be able to backup the data of the app.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

I tried this. Still no Luck. I know for a fact clearing the 'data' of the app should help, however, it's the fact that I will loose the data in the first place which i'm worried about. Is there any apps which I can backup the data off an app? I've tried a few but they all ask for root to be able to backup the data of the app.

Well your antivirus may have killed the app :(
but maybe you need to delete the data to enjoy your app again :p

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Well your antivirus may have killed the app :(
but maybe you need to delete the data to enjoy your app again :p

Please don't make me do this - delete the data from the app - it'll be like a part of me has been ripped out of me :'(

Mohis

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

Well it may be the the only thing that can fix your app :'(
I was going to try that, but the data got the better of me.

However, an Update came through today (Finally) and it FIXED It! Thanks for your suggestions.

Lol you still use a blackberry thats pretty cool ;)

I always wanted one but the price ;P
NEW Blackberry Porsche Design P'9981 8GB Black Factory Unlocked P9981 Qwerty 4046901678135 | eBay

I've been a lover of BlackBerry for years (mainly the keyboard), but was ecstatic with the release of the P'9981, then a year later coming out in black - beautiful! Anyhow, I think the price in that link is inflated, it isn't that high in the UK!

PS: In-case you're interested (I am) Porsche Design P'9983
_______
MODS: This Thread can be closed, Problem Resolved.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

I was going to try that, but the data got the better of me.

However, an Update came through today (Finally) and it FIXED It! Thanks for your suggestions.

I've been a lover of BlackBerry for years (mainly the keyboard), but was ecstatic with the release of the P'9981, then a year later coming out in black - beautiful! Anyhow, I think the price in that link is inflated, it isn't that high in the UK!

PS: In-case you're interested (I am) Porsche Design P'9983
_______
MODS: This Thread can be closed, Problem Resolved.

Nice that a update fixed it :)

And i always loved the look of blackberry as well as the feel :)

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

Aha, which phone is it that you have? You seem to have some good knowledge in this field!

Have a samsung galaxy nexus rooted running liquidsmooth 4.4.4 witch i got on Ebay for 129E the same price i sold my iphone 4s for :) not the best but still pretty good and yes i am very good when it comes to phones ;) only had android for 1month!!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke