Exchange Server Cannot Send/Receive Over Cellular Data

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello All!

I know this is a thread for the S5 but I thought this would generally be the same for any other Samsung device. The situation is that I have a Samsung Galaxy Rugby LTE (TELUS, Canadian provider) and I have numerous handsets that need to have a business exchange server email address added to all handsets (about 12). The phone takes to the server but only on wifi. Once the handset disconnects from the WIFI signal and jumps onto the cellular signal the phone cannot send or receive emails. Not a single email will show up and it will wait until connected to WIFI again to poll or fetch. The exchange server worked fine on the previous handsets which were all Blackberry's.

The following is a list of what I have attempted in troubleshooting the handset:

1. Wiped the handsets, factory data reset.
2.Tried activating the exchange server on multiple devices, still no luck
3.Contacted the exchange provider (third party business) they have stated everything looks fine on their end.
4.Contacted the cellular provider, they are stumped.
5.Made sure the software was up to date on the handsets.
6. Continuously checked if the server information was correct, domain, user name, passwords etc.
7. All other email address' work fine on the device, gmail, native email app etc.
8. Setup the exchange email on cellular connection only, disabled WIFI
9.All other aspects of the handset works fine.

I am seriously stumped and need these phones working asap for business. I do not know who else to turn to. I know the Android Community is brilliant and I have always had luck community. Hopefully someone out there will be able to help me with this situation!

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried different email apps? That's the one thing I notice that's missing from your list, and the thing I suspect is causing the problem.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried different email apps? That's the one thing I notice that's missing from your list, and the thing I suspect is causing the problem.

No I have not. Do you think it would be a android OS issue? Which email apps do you suggest for reliability?

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I suggest giving Blue Mail a try, it has a great UI and looks like a desktop PC.

* Blue Mail - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

there is another email app that I used to use before I found Blue Mail, and that app specifically claims to work with Exchange, AND their developer will give you hands on help to make it work. I just didn't like the UI and prefer Blue Mail.

* CloudMagic - Email App - Android Apps on Google Play

Awesome, I'm going to try this and let you know how it goes. I remember reading something about Android having issues with exchange. This is more than likely the issue with their native email app.

I'll let you know,

Thanks!

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just had a user bring her phone to the IT department for the exact same reason. checked the corporate email account setup. she had sync email and download attachments ONLY over WIFI checked. once i undid those two check boxes all was good. these can be found in the settings for the account setup for your specific exchange connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781