Poorly designed port cover on Samsung Galaxy S5

rbuce

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The port cover on the Samsung Galaxy S5 is extraordinarily poorly designed. The plastic hinge that attaches the cover to the phone will break on most phones with normal use.

I have had my phone for ~3 months. Very pleased with the device except the hinge just broke; no unusual or rough treatment. Yes, Samsung will fix under warranty. Send your phone in for 6 days to let them fix it. If you escalate to a supervisor and advanced technical support they will offer to use overnite shipping, getting the turnaround to 3 or 4 days. No loaners. This doesn't work for me and I assume doesn't work for most people.

This part was exceptionally poorly designed and it will inevitably break on most phones. It is an easy fix. It seems certain that Samsung will eventually mail a replacement part for self-fix but right now their policy is no parts are shipped and no third party repairs.

AT&T told me that Samsung had told them that they had a problem with this part and that when it broke, they would ship the part and a screwdriver for self- fixing. Not the case, at least for now.

The more that is written about this, the quicker Samsung will change and do the right thing.

nikkisharif

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

nikkisharif

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't rock the iPhone anymore? I remember seeing you at Imore forums. I also switched to s5. IPhone was getting boring

I'm still an Ambassador over there & my 5S is my daily driver. The S5 replaced the 4S on my 2nd line. I had an Android phone before I got my 4S a few years ago & I finally decided to get another one instead of having 2 iPhones. I agree the iPhone isn't the most exciting but for my lifestyle & job, it fits perfectly. Since I lurk over here all the time, why not enjoy one of the many devices. I do hate how big it is & I know I'll dislike the size of the new iPhone but I'll get over it. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.

l No Use For A Name l

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm still an Ambassador over there & my 5S is my daily driver. The S5 replaced the 4S on my 2nd line. I had an Android phone before I got my 4S a few years ago & I finally decided to get another one instead of having 2 iPhones. I agree the iPhone isn't the most exciting but for my lifestyle & job, it fits perfectly. Since I lurk over here all the time, why not enjoy one of the many devices. I do hate how big it is & I know I'll dislike the size of the new iPhone but I'll get over it. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.
Yeah I know what you mean about the size. I'm getting used to it now

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan