Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question S5 enhanced screen display for barcode reading - App to load?

I first posted this in the Ask a Question Forum but no one seems to know - to I thought I would try here.

I just got my new S5 9/18 - my first Samsung and so far I'm liking it (2 Droids previously). During set up I noticed a Notification come across about a new feature which requires an App to load - it has to do with enhancing the ability of a hand held scanner to read a barcode from the S5 screen display easier and with more accuracy. Unfortunately I rebooted and lost the message prior to writing down the App name. I can't seen to find what I want in the Market and haven't successfully found the answer here. Everything I find is about the S5 reading barcodes. The Notification icon was, I believe, a stylized "b". Anyone?

Global Posts
    9,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: S5 enhanced screen display for barcode reading - App to load?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig R View Post
    I first posted this in the Ask a Question Forum but no one seems to know - to I thought I would try here.

I just got my new S5 9/18 - my first Samsung and so far I'm liking it (2 Droids previously). During set up I noticed a Notification come across about a new feature which requires an App to load - it has to do with enhancing the ability of a hand held scanner to read a barcode from the S5 screen display easier and with more accuracy. Unfortunately I rebooted and lost the message prior to writing down the App name. I can't seen to find what I want in the Market and haven't successfully found the answer here. Everything I find is about the S5 reading barcodes. The Notification icon was, I believe, a stylized "b". Anyone?
    I'm not sure what that notification would have been. Could it be related to the Beam feature? I'll keep an eye out and see if there is anything I come across that would be of help.

Amazon price check has a barcode reader in the upper right corner. You can find it in the Playstore.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Craig R View Post

Thinking it was the Beep'nGo, it's part of the beaming service too (same app developer). Screenshot below.

S5 enhanced screen display for barcode reading - App to load?-screenshot_2014-08-20-15-07-29.jpg

Hi Craig R
    As TimmyTwo2 mentioned, it is the Beep n' Go app. I have been using it for quite sometime now.