S5 ends call and locks spontaneously

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an intermittent problem where my S5 will suddenly end a call and lock the phone while I am in the middle of a call. I've not been able to determine a pattern to this problem. I've seen it happens in the first few seconds of a call and not until 15 minutes into a call.

As far as I can tell, it's not because I've accidentally pushed either the Home or Power buttons -- which don't cause this behavior when I have tried pressing them deliberately.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about what might be happening and how to fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How new is the phone? You may want to contact your wireless store for a new SIM card. If that doesn't help, you might need to ask for a replacement phone.

Otherwise, consider booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then something you installed may be the culprit.

You could also boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which can sometimes help various issues. Instructions for both are here: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

Seeker4

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Phone is older -- got it on the first day of release. Good idea about a 3rd party app maybe being the problem. I'll experiment with that, and wiping the cache.

Does Android keep any logs that might give a clue?

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Phone is older -- got it on the first day of release. Good idea about a 3rd party app maybe being the problem. I'll experiment with that, and wiping the cache.

Does Android keep any logs that might give a clue?

Try wipeing the cache and see if it helps? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis