- 34 Posts
S5 ends call and locks spontaneously
I have an intermittent problem where my S5 will suddenly end a call and lock the phone while I am in the middle of a call. I've not been able to determine a pattern to this problem. I've seen it happens in the first few seconds of a call and not until 15 minutes into a call.
As far as I can tell, it's not because I've accidentally pushed either the Home or Power buttons -- which don't cause this behavior when I have tried pressing them deliberately.
I'd appreciate any suggestions about what might be happening and how to fix it.
- 08-20-2014, 01:53 AM #2
Re: S5 ends call and locks spontaneously
How new is the phone? You may want to contact your wireless store for a new SIM card. If that doesn't help, you might need to ask for a replacement phone.
Otherwise, consider booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then something you installed may be the culprit.
You could also boot into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition, which can sometimes help various issues. Instructions for both are here: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
- 08-20-2014, 03:45 AM #4
- 08-22-2014, 06:00 AM #5
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-11-2014, 07:40 AM
- By radyoactive in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 7Last Post: 08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 08-25-2014, 07:31 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:43 PM
- By atomarchio in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 AccessoriesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2014, 09:10 PM