Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By jonebk12
  • 1 Post By PainFX
  • 1 Post By Kel M
  • 1 Post By megagene
  • 1 Post By Drummerboy1975
  • 1 Post By Coolpopp
  • 1 Post By Austin185
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default S5 Battery better than the S3?

I’ve had the S3 for 2 years now and have spent LOTS of time researching and trying all of the battery life saver idea tips and suggestions. Some worked, most didn’t. I bought a new battery in case that was the problem, but nothing changed. I charge my phone ant night and barely use it all day at work, and when I do, it is mostly plugged in, yet I need to charge it by suppertime.

I am considering upgrading to the S5 as other than battery life, I love my S3…please tell me that since battery performance was such a huge issue for the S3, that they have improved this problem??
    Is there anyone out there that has upgraded and noticed a difference?

Default Re: S5 Battery better than the S3?

Yes. It is vastly improved. I have heard of people having faulty batteries right out of the box and not lasting as intended. Mine last all day and I do charge it by supper time but that is w/o charging it all day.

Battery life has been great for me. It easily lasts all day; I'm sure I could get 4+ hours of screen time on one charge without using any battery saving techniques/apps. For example, right now I'm sitting on 70% battery remaining with 1.5 hours of screen time and almost 10 hours off the charger.
    JeniferF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JeniferF View Post
    I’ve had the S3 for 2 years now and have spent LOTS of time researching and trying all of the battery life saver idea tips and suggestions. Some worked, most didn’t. I bought a new battery in case that was the problem, but nothing changed. I charge my phone ant night and barely use it all day at work, and when I do, it is mostly plugged in, yet I need to charge it by suppertime.

I am considering upgrading to the S5 as other than battery life, I love my S3…please tell me that since battery performance was such a huge issue for the S3, that they have improved this problem??
    Is there anyone out there that has upgraded and noticed a difference?
    s3 battery life does sucks. that's true.
    JeniferF likes this.

I came from the S3 and this S5 blows the S3 out of this world. The battery last me all day on the S5 unlike the S3 that barely made it half a day.
    Thanked by:
    JeniferF likes this.

I had an S3 for just over two years as well. Battery life on the S5 is MUCH better. I am routinely getting more than one full day out of a single charge. In fact, I'm actually getting better battery life on my new S5 with stock battery than I was on my S3 with the extended battery pack. And this is with either Wi-Fi or data turned on all the time, and no power saving mode features enabled. I'm very pleased with the battery life so far.
    Thanked by:
    JeniferF likes this.

S5 battery life is way better, but I think its also due to the phone. Theres never any apps running in the background, you can delete almost all of the bloatware that comes on it, and you can use U. Saver mode at night while your alseep and have 96% battery life left after a 100% charge.
    JeniferF likes this.

The S5 battery is a beast. At 23 hours off the charger, I still have 50% left. Awesome.
    JeniferF likes this.

At 1 day and 56 min to moderate usage and only at 53% I feel like it has great usage. My s3 could never compete no matter what.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    JeniferF likes this.

My S5 battery life is horrible.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm new to android in general. Coming from an iPhone I could get 1.5 to 2 days between charges. My S5 I barely get 12 hours out of it. I'll use the Internet for about 1.5 hours during that time. Check some emails and use the calculator.

When I use the GPS and have it plugged into the car charger, the battery still drains.