Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto scroll message

Does anyone knows how to turn off the auto scroll features on message screen? I have multiple people on a chat, when a new message comes in, the screen will automatically scroll all the way down even I am reading the old messages. If I missed a whole bunch of messages, it is getting really annoying and impossible to read old messages during chatting.

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Auto scroll message

Quote Originally Posted by wjoel View Post
    Does anyone knows how to turn off the auto scroll features on message screen? I have multiple people on a chat, when a new message comes in, the screen will automatically scroll all the way down even I am reading the old messages. If I missed a whole bunch of messages, it is getting really annoying and impossible to read old messages during chatting.
    If you are using Hangouts I don't think there is a way to enable a setting to prevent the conversation from scrolling or showing the newest messages. I get what you are saying though. Sometimes you miss out or are not sure whats going on unless you scroll up to see a short history of messages to bring yourself back up to speed.