S5 defected glass

gxcare

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
A few days ago I purchased a brand new S5. The box was sealed with no sign of opening and I saw no defect at the beginning. Then the day after with the morning light, I started to see a halo in the top right corner. It is much more visible after passing finger on it, after cleaning you can mostly see the borders under strong light.

I have attached photos both when clean and "dirty".

20140821_210146.jpg
20140821_210032.jpg

I am 100% sure that I cannot have caused this as I was very careful in handling (and I was alone at home so I have no other suspect...).
What I believe is that it was there from the beginning but I didn't notice it because it is difficult to see when the glass is clean.

Any idea of what could be, and on the possibilities to have this fixed in warranty?

mklasse

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Looks like adhesive issue for the glass. Yes they should replace it with a new one since it's new, definitely covered under warranty.

gxcare

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just for your information I managed to have it replaced, with another one which has the issue even though it is less evident. It seems to me that it is something related to the way they are assembled: in the top right end corner there is a slight depression of the screen which is causing this "nice" effect...

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Just for your information I managed to have it replaced, with another one which has the issue even though it is less evident. It seems to me that it is something related to the way they are assembled: in the top right end corner there is a slight depression of the screen which is causing this "nice" effect...

Thats good you got it changed. Im hoping i can get a replacement on mine. Though, mine does not have the same problem as yours.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The same thing is on mines in both top corners. I've had the phone since april 11th I noticed it maybe a month later I thought I may hav caused it. Itz 4 months later battery cover gone also can I just walk in at&t and replace it or do I have to mail it off what are my options

Posted from galaxyS5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech