Samsung S5 receiving text messages out of order

Maaz Butt

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Turn off your automatic date and and change your time manually e.g if your time was 3:30 change it to 3:27. Then delete your conversation and start a new conversation with your friend. It'll definitely work .:)

debbie master

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
This one worked for me: 'Turn off your automatic date and and change your time manually e.g if your time was 3:30 change it to 3:27. Then delete your conversation and start a new conversation with your friend'

MRS_AFOL

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung S5 is receiving text messages out of order. If within a conversation I respond in a couple different messages. the next time the person I am talking to responds it is above my response but, should be below it. Is there any way I can correct this?

I have an iPhone & just spent the last week with same issue - really annoying because it had mixed up communications (out of order - not notifying me - new msgs buried down low with old) & when I went to show someone my phone was broke it had mysteriously fixed itself...apparently it was an issue with my Sprint provider - no other explanation I can think of. Made me look ridiculous though cuz all was in order by then :-/

Happily Insane

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Check your network date and time settings. And make sure it's set to automatic date and time.
There's a trick to this if its already set to automatic date and time.
The person you are texting automatic date and time is off.
And that will also place your text messages out of order.
Tell them to turn theirs on.
Peace

Zorbin

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
My Samsung S5 is receiving text messages out of order. If within a conversation I respond in a couple different messages. the next time the person I am talking to responds it is above my response but, should be below it. Is there any way I can correct this?

I have had this same problem, for months. It started with the 2 back updates, which also my messages, over 140, characters were being received in Chinese. Samsung did correct the Chinese, with the last update, but not my messages out-of-sync. I have cleared the cache, reinstalled "Messages", hard booted my phone, but nothing seems to work. I have reported it, again, to my carrier (AT&T) and they tell me Samsung is working on it, but they need more information from other users. I would suggest contacting your carrier and reporting it also.

Zorbin

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Omv!!! Thank you for posting this solution! I've been dealing with this problem for a month, on my S5. My carrier and Samsung couldn't help, so just now decided to Google, again, and NOW see these posts! Ty... that worked.

Njeasylife70

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Hi there Thank you so much I had the same problem and yup it was the auto date and time. I dont know how it got knocked off but its back on now. Thank you so much for your help.

BigTough

Oct 27, 2017
Visit site
When I check the two boxes my time is an hour behind. I left it alone for awhile, then cleared the cache on a bunch of apps and restarted my phone... it's still an hour behind yet it's the right time zone.

Whenever I deselect time automatic boxes and change my time manually my time is correct but then all my apps are displaying an hour behind. When I check the boxes my clock goes an hour behind and all my apps display messages an hour aheadm of that time. It's a Galaxy S5, I've been on this phone for hours and I can't figure out why the times aren't matching up...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois