Back up help

cpc12

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I would like to be able to back up my phone. I had a iphone and I could back up the entire phone like a snapshot. I could restore phone and it would put all photots, contacts, password manager , email, call logs , message logs.. etc

I would really like to do this once and while so I if lose my phone I can just restore to back up and have everything back.

I dont feel like experimenting so I figured I would ask here

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I would like to be able to back up my phone. I had a iphone and I could back up the entire phone like a snapshot. I could restore phone and it would put all photots, contacts, password manager , email, call logs , message logs.. etc

I would really like to do this once and while so I if lose my phone I can just restore to back up and have everything back.

You can do this with Samsung Keis but it won't do application data. I'm assuming that you are not rooted so I'd suggest going to the play store and downloading Helium back up. It works quite well but requires a computer and enabling USB debugging mode. I recently tested it out when I did a factory reset and it worked perfectly. Just follow the directions thoroughly and it will work fine. It's not as simple as backing up and iPhone through iTunes but if you're not rooted, this is the next best thing for Android.

cpc12

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
ugh just read a little about helium.

I guess there is nothing that does apps and call logs, messages , photos etc...

How do you android users sleep at night without any back up ???

lol

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
You can do cloud back ups to your Google and samsung accounts. It will basically back up everything except, your app data and screen layout but it does remember your wallpaper.

Posted from my S5

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Ive been having a hard time wth this back up thing to.. worried about my 200 contacts.. nothing seems to work properly as far as backing up.. could some1 give a detailed solution wth step by step instructions.

Posted from galaxyS5

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Ive been having a hard time wth this back up thing to.. worried about my 200 contacts.. nothing seems to work properly as far as backing up.. could some1 give a detailed solution wth step by step instructions.

Posted from galaxyS5

Kies 3.0 will absolutely backup your Contacts list.

Google+ will also

your carrier might also provide that service as Verizon does with the "Cloud" app and I use that one as my preference.

But, I also keep a backup or 3 made with Kies 3.0

backup

backup

backup

backup

One day, it WILL need a backup. Guaranteed.

cpc12

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I love many things about this phone but not being able to take a snapshot of my phone and ALL its data is very frustrating. I am indexing contacts and password manager data into word documents as a back up plan. I hated a lot of things about apple but I loved the back up feature. I do not want to root so I guess Im going old school back up methods...

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I save all my contacts to my google account so whenever I log in with my google account, all contacts are on the phone. As I said before, Kies will do the call logs, contacts and messages. The only problem is with the app data, which is where Helium comes in. It's a little bit extra work but it is doable.

That is one thing I like much better about the iPhone. The ability to just back everything up through iTunes is so much simpler.

cpc12

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
agreed

my s5 also seems a little slower than my old 5s. just not a snappy, might have been snappier when I first got it. I shut it down to rest but its just kinda slow from app to app or screen to screen.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
agreed

my s5 also seems a little slower than my old 5s. just not a snappy, might have been snappier when I first got it. I shut it down to rest but its just kinda slow from app to app or screen to screen.

I would suggest downloading Nova Launcher and tweaking the developer settings and lowering or removing the window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale. Nova makes things much smoother and snappier. I personally have the developer options I mentioned completely off and my phone does not lag at all.

Here is a quick guide to enabling developer options and getting rid of or lowering those settings.

Speed up your Android by adjusting animation settings - CNET

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Does Kies back up the apps at least? And I would need to register into apps again (login, etc)?

Yes, Kies will back up the apps but not the app data. Also, once you log into your google account on a new or restored device, your apps will automatically start downloading anyway.