Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Textra

Quote Originally Posted by joe watson1 View Post
    I have a question about these downloaded texting apps. After the install does the app itself have to be open in order for the app to work?
    Not Textra and Chomp, you can use those no matter what you're doing or what app you have open on the screen.

I meant does the Textea or Chomp app itself have to be open in order to work.

I meant does the Textea or Chomp app itself have to be open in order to work.
    It works like the stock messaging app. It will stay dorment until you receive a text or go to send one.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

I have a question about these downloaded texting apps. After the install does the app itself have to be open in order for the app to work?
    Nope.............

Does anyone else not really love the new design? The notification bar feature disappeared...

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Does anyone else not really love the new design? The notification bar feature disappeared...
    I love the new design, and my notifications still work the same as always.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I am a huge fan of the new design.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Burkhead View Post
    I love the new design, and my notifications still work the same as always.

How? I couldn't find it in the settings and it disappeared. Fortunately there's plenty of choice in the Play store. I don't really get when devs completely change an app, it's then like trying to choose for me in advance of my ever having seen whatever the new thing is. Very drastic change, but I'm glad it works for some.

How? I couldn't find it in the settings and it disappeared. Fortunately there's plenty of choice in the Play store. I don't really get when devs completely change an app, it's then like trying to choose for me in advance of my ever having seen whatever the new thing is. Very drastic change, but I'm glad it works for some.
    I'm not sure if it's in settings, per say. I just know mine still works as it did.

Thanked by:

I'm not sure if it's in settings, per say. I just know mine still works as it did.

Did you get the update that removes the color customization of the contacts and bubbles?

Did you get the update that removes the color customization of the contacts and bubbles?
    I'm not sure? I'm running version 2.0 if that helps. I know I can't color customize the contact bubbles.
    Thanked by:

I'm not sure? I'm running version 2.0 if that helps. I know I can't color customize the contact bubbles.
    Thanks! We're on the same page. The Dev sent a message about that so I know the notification texting is still possible. (I uninstalled on Wednesday and I'm using stock Android I found for now.) I may go back to Textra.

Thanks! We're on the same page. The Dev sent a message about that so I know the notification texting is still possible. (I uninstalled on Wednesday and I'm using stock Android I found for now.) I may go back to Textra.
    Mine updated yesterday around noon if I recall.

Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

My notifications are still working the same as well. There are now a few more options in the pop up. I also noticed in version 2.1 "What's New?" it says that customizing the bubble colors is coming soon.
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

I've got 2.1 now on mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Just curious if while using textra or other text apps... When you go to ultra power saving mode can you still send/receive texts since only stock is supported in that mode? Or will it change to stock on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by mike almodovar View Post
    Just curious if while using textra or other text apps... When you go to ultra power saving mode can you still send/receive texts since only stock is supported in that mode? Or will it change to stock on its own?

It changes to stock messaging app automatically.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

i read somewhere that you can schedule a text using textra . does anyone know how to do that ? im looking through the options but i can't seem to figure it out .
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    i read somewhere that you can schedule a text using textra . does anyone know how to do that ? im looking through the options but i can't seem to figure it out .
    I recall someone posting that it was coming soon, but I dont think it's there yet. I just took an update yesterday from Textra, but I still don't see the option there.

You could always use tasker. I use tasker to send message to my wife throughout the day. So I don't get into trouble.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith10 View Post
    You could always use tasker. I use tasker to send message to my wife throughout the day. So I don't get into trouble.
    OK thanks lol

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

I recall someone posting that it was coming soon, but I dont think it's there yet. I just took an update yesterday from Textra, but I still don't see the option there.
    Thanks for the info

No, you can boy this at the moment. But it's in the pipe line, developers have confirmed it!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12