sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I just started using textra and I finally figured out how to set my notifications for individual people, but when people text there is no sound. The messages vibrate when the phone is on vibrate, but when its on sound nothing works. Is there a way to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Don't delete it, share what you did to fix it.
i really didn't do anything. i was trying to get my balance from my bank by texting BAL . the text would come through but no sound. i had a couple of of my contacts text me and everything was fine . their individual ringtones went off and so did the ones with the default tone. i found that to get my banking notification sound the screen has to be off which is weird . i think i may just go back to go sms. lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
after playing with it some more i found that if the app is open and someone sends me a text the sound will not go off.

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I love it also - been using it for quite a while. The best feature is it's small footprint and speed. Lately, there have been some really nice features added - I would never go back to stock...

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I love it also - been using it for quite a while. The best feature is it's small footprint and speed. Lately, there have been some really nice features added - I would never go back to stock...

Stock has everything that u need...only thing I don't like is can't change the color scheme...I have individual tones set thru my contacts for sms so u don't need a app for that....

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I have been using Textra for the longest and I firmly believe that it has everything that stock has and even better. There is only on feature that stock has that I wish Textra would and this is scheduling a message, fortunately is not something that I use every day.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Stock has everything that u need...only thing I don't like is can't change the color scheme...I have individual tones set thru my contacts for sms so u don't need a app for that....

You can't say that for everyone. The stock app does not have everything I need. The stock app does not support quick reply from my lock screen or in the same app... I can be browsing the forums and someone can text me.. I can reply from the forum app.. And continue on :).

So just remember... Just because you don't need it doesn't mean others don't find a use for it.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is talking about textra I used it and deleted and went back to using Chomp sms. Textra was missing something specific that I use frequently. When I use the quick reply from the notifications while using Chomp theres a tab on the quick reply where I can view the entire conversation hit the tab again conversation dissapears, quick reply, back to what ever im doing. For this feature alone I chose Chomp over Textra. But this is the second positive blog about Textra. So im going to give Textra one more shot because I see alot of forum talk about it.

Posted from galaxyS5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is talking about textra I used it and deleted and went back to using Chomp sms. Textra was missing something specific that I use frequently. When I use the quick reply from the notifications while using Chomp theres a tab on the quick reply where I can view the entire conversation hit the tab again conversation dissapears, quick reply, back to what ever im doing. For this feature alone I chose Chomp over Textra. But this is the second positive blog about Textra. So im going to give Textra one more shot because I see alot of forum talk about it.

Posted from galaxyS5

I use ChompSMS.. Have for years :).

On a funny side note... Textra and ChompSMS are made by the same developer.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Almeuit you were so right. Cant believe I never noticed that lol no need to try textra again. Chomp is way more customizable anyway. Thx for the heads up.

Posted from galaxyS5

Kirk Burkhead

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well I have been using Textra for the longest and I firmly believe that it has everything that stock has and even better. There is only on feature that stock has that I wish Textra would and this is scheduling a message, fortunately is not something that I use every day.

Same here. Love the app over stock, but really wish it had scheduling.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Almeuit you were so right. Cant believe I never noticed that lol no need to try textra again. Chomp is way more customizable anyway. Thx for the heads up.

Posted from galaxyS5

Chomp has ads. Otherwise, you are right, Chomp is much customize-able. Keep in mind, Textra is a small size file. So it's much simple and faster.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Chomp has ads. Otherwise, you are right, Chomp is much customize-able. Keep in mind, Textra is a small size file. So it's much simple and faster.

It does but I bought the sub for it years ago (removes ads). Well worth supporting the developer for such a great app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude