Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Textra

I just started using textra and I finally figured out how to set my notifications for individual people, but when people text there is no sound. The messages vibrate when the phone is on vibrate, but when its on sound nothing works. Is there a way to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Textra

Never mind I figured it out. Can one of the mods delete this thread? Pls and ty

Quote Originally Posted by sweetypie31 View Post
    Never mind I figured it out. Can one of the mods delete this thread? Pls and ty

Don't delete it, share what you did to fix it.
    TexasS5 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by joe watson1 View Post
    Don't delete it, share what you did to fix it.
    i really didn't do anything. i was trying to get my balance from my bank by texting BAL . the text would come through but no sound. i had a couple of of my contacts text me and everything was fine . their individual ringtones went off and so did the ones with the default tone. i found that to get my banking notification sound the screen has to be off which is weird . i think i may just go back to go sms. lol
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

after playing with it some more i found that if the app is open and someone sends me a text the sound will not go off.

Global Posts
    5,249 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How do you like Textra versus the stock messaging app?

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    You didn't ask me but I downloaded and switched to Textra yesterday and, so far, I really like it.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome S5
    Thanked by:
    ibcop 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
    It's better than the stock app. It's smoother and less laggy . besides that notification issue it's great.

Thanked by:
    ibcop 

I love it also - been using it for quite a while. The best feature is it's small footprint and speed. Lately, there have been some really nice features added - I would never go back to stock...

Quote Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
    I love it also - been using it for quite a while. The best feature is it's small footprint and speed. Lately, there have been some really nice features added - I would never go back to stock...
    Stock has everything that u need...only thing I don't like is can't change the color scheme...I have individual tones set thru my contacts for sms so u don't need a app for that....

Well I have been using Textra for the longest and I firmly believe that it has everything that stock has and even better. There is only on feature that stock has that I wish Textra would and this is scheduling a message, fortunately is not something that I use every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Mclean View Post
    Stock has everything that u need...only thing I don't like is can't change the color scheme...I have individual tones set thru my contacts for sms so u don't need a app for that....

You can't say that for everyone. The stock app does not have everything I need. The stock app does not support quick reply from my lock screen or in the same app... I can be browsing the forums and someone can text me.. I can reply from the forum app.. And continue on .

So just remember... Just because you don't need it doesn't mean others don't find a use for it.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
    mrsmumbles and joe watson1 like this.

Everyone is talking about textra I used it and deleted and went back to using Chomp sms. Textra was missing something specific that I use frequently. When I use the quick reply from the notifications while using Chomp theres a tab on the quick reply where I can view the entire conversation hit the tab again conversation dissapears, quick reply, back to what ever im doing. For this feature alone I chose Chomp over Textra. But this is the second positive blog about Textra. So im going to give Textra one more shot because I see alot of forum talk about it.

Posted from galaxyS5

Quote Originally Posted by bsettz View Post
    Everyone is talking about textra I used it and deleted and went back to using Chomp sms. Textra was missing something specific that I use frequently. When I use the quick reply from the notifications while using Chomp theres a tab on the quick reply where I can view the entire conversation hit the tab again conversation dissapears, quick reply, back to what ever im doing. For this feature alone I chose Chomp over Textra. But this is the second positive blog about Textra. So im going to give Textra one more shot because I see alot of forum talk about it.

Posted from galaxyS5
    I use ChompSMS.. Have for years .

On a funny side note... Textra and ChompSMS are made by the same developer.
    Thanked by:
    bsettz 
    joe watson1 and bsettz like this.

Almeuit you were so right. Cant believe I never noticed that lol no need to try textra again. Chomp is way more customizable anyway. Thx for the heads up.

Posted from galaxyS5
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Now I'm trying out chomp and I like it too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

bsettz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    Well I have been using Textra for the longest and I firmly believe that it has everything that stock has and even better. There is only on feature that stock has that I wish Textra would and this is scheduling a message, fortunately is not something that I use every day.

Same here. Love the app over stock, but really wish it had scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by bsettz View Post
    Almeuit you were so right. Cant believe I never noticed that lol no need to try textra again. Chomp is way more customizable anyway. Thx for the heads up.

Posted from galaxyS5
    Chomp has ads. Otherwise, you are right, Chomp is much customize-able. Keep in mind, Textra is a small size file. So it's much simple and faster.

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    Chomp has ads. Otherwise, you are right, Chomp is much customize-able. Keep in mind, Textra is a small size file. So it's much simple and faster.
    It does but I bought the sub for it years ago (removes ads). Well worth supporting the developer for such a great app.
    Thanked by:
    bsettz 

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Burkhead View Post
    Same here. Love the app over stock, but really wish it had scheduling.
    I contacted them last night about that and today I got an answer from them ... scheduling is on the TO DO list ...... so we have to be a little patient .....
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    Well, I used Textra before but right now I prefer EVOLVE SMS. You can scheduling messages at EVOLVE. Check out the screenshots.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by emilioaponte View Post
    Well, I used Textra before but right now I prefer EVOLVE SMS. You can scheduling messages at EVOLVE. Check out the screenshots.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/27/ere5esa6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/27/y5y3u6es.jpg

+1 for evolve. I love it. The dev is rude and doesn't take suggestions well but I love evolve and talon.

iPhone 6+ & Galaxy S6 Edge
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Well I ended up back with gosms. Textra was good, but not customizable and the notification thing bugged me. Chomp was more customizable, but I could not group text.

Quote Originally Posted by emilioaponte View Post
    Well, I used Textra before but right now I prefer EVOLVE SMS. You can scheduling messages at EVOLVE. Check out the screenshots.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/27/ere5esa6.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/27/y5y3u6es.jpg

ChompSMS can schedule as well .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Textra-1409151748263.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

I have a question about these downloaded texting apps. After the install does the app itself have to be open in order for the app to work?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast