Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the clock be removed from the S5 lock screen?

I'm aiming for a very minimalist look for my lock screen. All I want visible on the lock screen (aside from the wallpaper) is the status bar at the top. I managed to hide everything else but I can't seem to get rid of the clock...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-24-20-53-41.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	133758

Plus, the time is already in the status bar so having a big clock on the lock screen is redundant.

Can someone offer any way for me to get rid of the clock? Even i there was a way to recolor it or something maybe that would help in some cases. For example, if I could make it black then it wouldn't be visible against the current wallpaper...

My device is rooted and I have Xposed framework installed.
  2. Best Answer

I don't think you'll be able to accomplish that with OEM lockscreen option. Download C Locker Free Version from the PlayStore and then basically what you will do is not to add any widget, and then select your Wallpaper and set to show the Status Bar.

Default Re: Can the clock be removed from the lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoelectric View Post
    I'm aiming for a very minimalist look for my lock screen. All I want visible on the lock screen (aside from the wallpaper) is the status bar at the top. I managed to hide everything else but I can't seem to get rid of the clock...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-24-20-53-41.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	133758

Plus, the time is already in the status bar so having a big clock on the lock screen is redundant.

Can someone offer any way for me to get rid of the clock? Even i there was a way to recolor it or something maybe that would help in some cases. For example, if I could make it black then it wouldn't be visible against the current wallpaper...

My device is rooted and I have Xposed framework installed.
    how did you get the date on top of the notifcation bar? requires root?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    how did you get the date on top of the notifcation bar? requires root?
    Yes. I used an Xposed Framework module which requires root.

I don't think you'll be able to accomplish that with OEM lockscreen option. Download C Locker Free Version from the PlayStore and then basically what you will do is not to add any widget, and then select your Wallpaper and set to show the Status Bar.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    I will try this. Thanks.

UPDATE:
    So I tried it. I like some of the features that it offers, but there are some dealbreakers. For starters, even though it lets me hide the clock, it puts a little 'lock' icon on the screen for me to drag to unlock. I can't seem to get rid of that. It's a lot uglier than the clock. Secondly, I really like the swiping effect that the stock lock screen has when swiping to unlock, and this does not offer such an effect.

I will try this. Thanks.

UPDATE:
    So I tried it. I like some of the features that it offers, but there are some dealbreakers. For starters, even though it lets me hide the clock, it puts a little 'lock' icon on the screen for me to drag to unlock. I can't seem to get rid of that. It's a lot uglier than the clock. Secondly, I really like the swiping effect that the stock lock screen has when swiping to unlock, and this does not offer such an effect.
    Can't do too much about the Lock icon, as far as I know if it's locked, you will have some kind of Icon or something notifying you that it's locked, and the Swipe effects that's Samsung stuff, doubt that you will find something like it with any other Lock Screen App, for that you will need to keep using the OEM option.

So, it's your choice, C Locker (or any other lockscreen app, altough C Locker is the only one that I really liked) will give you TONS of features and combinations that you will Love like still can use the Galaxy S5 Finger Print option, like been able to fully use the notification bar even if you use any kind of security to lock the phone, well, you name it, but like I said before, it can give you tons of features, but if you want the contrary, to have it as simple as possible with just the Notification bar, then it can do that also, but you will lose any Samsung's lockscreen feature, like the effects.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I understand. Thanks. Maybe eventually someone will find a way to hide the clock. For now, I'll deal with it.
    Snugg_P likes this.

I understand. Thanks. Maybe eventually someone will find a way to hide the clock. For now, I'll deal with it.
    Sir you and I are one in the same, I too seek to remove this ugly clock I mean why have it on the notification bar and the lock screen, why not just have 1 on the status bar also have the option to hide the hoe on the lock I mean all the other crap the company put on these phones and they still wont add simple things such as this... if I find a way to hide the sl*t I share it with you.
    Happy Hunting.

Default Re: Can the clock be removed from the S5 lock screen?

You can remove by instaling galaxy s5 widgets, it' an xposed module it lets you add more widgets to the lockscreen or remove the curent one in your case the clock
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by catalinudr View Post
    You can remove by instaling galaxy s5 widgets, it' an xposed module it lets you add more widgets to the lockscreen or remove the curent one in your case the clock
    Hmmmmm... thanks for the tip. I'm using that xposed module and it lets me change lockscreen widgets but it doesn't appear to let me have zero widgets...

settings -> device -> lock screen -> personal message -> *enable it* -> edit personal message -> *disable clock*
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Mohammad Alawadhi View Post
    settings -> device -> lock screen -> personal message -> *enable it* -> edit personal message -> *disable clock*
    That sounded promising, but I don't have the "personal message" option in my lock screen settings. I have "Owner information", which allows me to display custom text, but even when I do this I find no "disable clock" option.

Removing clock from lock screen:

Hey so I too was going to the minimalist lock screen approach. I am not tech savy at all but I figured it out on my phone. Hope this helps you all as I made this account just to answer this question.

Settings - Lock Screen - Show Information - Uncheck the Show clock and date box.

Just FYI you will still have access to the clock in the top scroll bar so this is perfect. I now have a completely blank lock screen with only my photo showing.

Thanks!

Hey so I too was going to the minimalist lock screen approach. I am not tech savy at all but I figured it out on my phone. Hope this helps you all as I made this account just to answer this question.

Settings - Lock Screen - Show Information - Uncheck the Show clock and date box.

Just FYI you will still have access to the clock in the top scroll bar so this is perfect. I now have a completely blank lock screen with only my photo showing.

Thanks!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by AJMichael View Post

Thanks!
    I appreciate your efforts, but my GS5 does not have those options.

I finally found a solution to this, it drove me nuts for years. One of the users in this thread actually was pretty close.

Install the Xposed module Galaxy S5 lock screen widgets. Also get UCCW. Activate the module, reboot, and when you're on the lock screen press and hold on the clock.

At first it doesn't look like you can drag it off the screen or anything, but you see a box appear around it. if you drag downwards it seems to resize the box and make a lock icon appear. Then if you drag up to the top of the screen a trash can appears and you can trash it.

then, annoyingly, a huge + icon appears to add a new widget. But all you need to do is create a blank clock in uccw with a completely transparent background. Click the Plus on the lock screen, add that blank clock as your new widget, and now you'll have nothing on the lock screen at all.