Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can the clock be removed from the S5 lock screen?

I'm aiming for a very minimalist look for my lock screen. All I want visible on the lock screen (aside from the wallpaper) is the status bar at the top. I managed to hide everything else but I can't seem to get rid of the clock...

Can the clock be removed from the S5 lock screen?-screenshot_2014-08-24-20-53-41.jpg

Plus, the time is already in the status bar so having a big clock on the lock screen is redundant.

Can someone offer any way for me to get rid of the clock? Even i there was a way to recolor it or something maybe that would help in some cases. For example, if I could make it black then it wouldn't be visible against the current wallpaper...

My device is rooted and I have Xposed framework installed.
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

I don't think you'll be able to accomplish that with OEM lockscreen option. Download C Locker Free Version from the PlayStore and then basically what you will do is not to add any widget, and then select your Wallpaper and set to show the Status Bar.

Default Re: Can the clock be removed from the lock screen?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoelectric View Post
    I'm aiming for a very minimalist look for my lock screen. All I want visible on the lock screen (aside from the wallpaper) is the status bar at the top. I managed to hide everything else but I can't seem to get rid of the clock...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-24-20-53-41.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	133758

Plus, the time is already in the status bar so having a big clock on the lock screen is redundant.

Can someone offer any way for me to get rid of the clock? Even i there was a way to recolor it or something maybe that would help in some cases. For example, if I could make it black then it wouldn't be visible against the current wallpaper...

My device is rooted and I have Xposed framework installed.
    how did you get the date on top of the notifcation bar? requires root?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PainFX View Post
    how did you get the date on top of the notifcation bar? requires root?
    Yes. I used an Xposed Framework module which requires root.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

I don't think you'll be able to accomplish that with OEM lockscreen option. Download C Locker Free Version from the PlayStore and then basically what you will do is not to add any widget, and then select your Wallpaper and set to show the Status Bar.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by erasat View Post
    I will try this. Thanks.

UPDATE:
    So I tried it. I like some of the features that it offers, but there are some dealbreakers. For starters, even though it lets me hide the clock, it puts a little 'lock' icon on the screen for me to drag to unlock. I can't seem to get rid of that. It's a lot uglier than the clock. Secondly, I really like the swiping effect that the stock lock screen has when swiping to unlock, and this does not offer such an effect.
    Last edited by vertigoelectric; 08-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Global Posts
    493 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoelectric View Post
    I will try this. Thanks.

UPDATE:
    So I tried it. I like some of the features that it offers, but there are some dealbreakers. For starters, even though it lets me hide the clock, it puts a little 'lock' icon on the screen for me to drag to unlock. I can't seem to get rid of that. It's a lot uglier than the clock. Secondly, I really like the swiping effect that the stock lock screen has when swiping to unlock, and this does not offer such an effect.
    Can't do too much about the Lock icon, as far as I know if it's locked, you will have some kind of Icon or something notifying you that it's locked, and the Swipe effects that's Samsung stuff, doubt that you will find something like it with any other Lock Screen App, for that you will need to keep using the OEM option.

So, it's your choice, C Locker (or any other lockscreen app, altough C Locker is the only one that I really liked) will give you TONS of features and combinations that you will Love like still can use the Galaxy S5 Finger Print option, like been able to fully use the notification bar even if you use any kind of security to lock the phone, well, you name it, but like I said before, it can give you tons of features, but if you want the contrary, to have it as simple as possible with just the Notification bar, then it can do that also, but you will lose any Samsung's lockscreen feature, like the effects.
    Last edited by erasat; 08-25-2014 at 03:54 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I understand. Thanks. Maybe eventually someone will find a way to hide the clock. For now, I'll deal with it.