camera questions

melmcc

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased an s5. I spent a long time debating between that and the LG G3 but ultimately went with the S5. Beyond a functioning phone, the camera is the most important feature. I loved all the features of the s5 but am having a hard time getting good pictures. I primarily take pictures of my young children. I am now wondering if the laser focus on the g3 would be better. Most of the sample photos I see of the s5 are of scenery. I still think the s5 is a great camera but am wondering if the g3 is better for my purposes.Or does it just require a more skilled photographer? Also, I am experiencing a long shutter lag. Is this normal? Any thoughts, comments or recommendations?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
From my experience, the latest Samsung phones do have a shutter lag problem. Whenever you take picutres that are not out on an extremely bright day and have a lot of motion going on, you usually end up with motion-blurred subjects and/or backgrounds.

It helps if you turn the Smart Stabilization option off, and if you want to reduce the shutter lag even further, you can manually tweak the Exposure setting to the lowest possible value. Sports Mode should work, too.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I briefly played with one at a store, but didn't really try it out long enough that I could give you a review of the camera quality. It does focus pretty fast, but didn't take pictures too much and of fast-moving objects (AKA Kids at Play hehe)

BrianWTF

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Turning off picture stabilization will definitely speed it up. I think mine is very fast compared to what I was used to with my S2. I also like being able to tap the screen on what i want to focus on. Try turning HDR on and off also.

Posted via Android Central App