What's On Tap For The S6 And When Will It Be Released?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
God, I know I'm fickle. And the funny thing is I love this phone. As so many others have said, nothing's perfect but I wouldn't use an iphone if you gave it to me for free.

Anyway I'm already wondering what the NBT (next big thing) is going to be.

Wish list?
Better low light camera capability
Faster camera software from home screen (I hate the 5 second wait before you can snap a shot)
A dedicated volume kill button that silences EVERYTHING with one tap
Less bloatware
Eliminate lag (yes Virginia, the S5 DOES lag...not badly, but it does)
Kill TouchWiz...RIP, everyone hates the software
Provide a better charging port cover that is less prone to breakage
Move the volume keys to the same side of the phone as the power button and make the rocker easier to use with more tactile feedback
Improve the external speaker...it's just horrible and should be either front-facing or side mounted...preferably stereo speakers

What not to touch!!!

The SCREEN!!! It's the perfect size and the clarity and color saturation is simply astonishing. They managed to design an AMOLED screen that has amazing brightness and superb visibility even in the brightest light!

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you on the volume/power switches. That's taken me a while to get used to as my moto had them both on the same side. As for the rest, I haven't had my S5 long enough to form an opinion. I haven't used the camera much, and so far my charging port cover is unbroken.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you on the volume/power switches. That's taken me a while to get used to as my moto had them both on the same side. As for the rest, I haven't had my S5 long enough to form an opinion. I haven't used the camera much, and so far my charging port cover is unbroken.
My charging port cover is still OK too but it does seem overly fragile.

oldsoldier

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd just like to see them standardize which buttons will be where. It seems every iteration, they switch it up. That would be my real wish. As to Touchwiz-I actually kinda like it. I know I'm a minority in it, but, it works for me. The volume rocker switch DOES need to be more robust.