- 1 Posts
Sides of touchscreen click when I click elsewhere
I was typing then p got pressed and held for no reason, and then my touchscreen stopped working, screen still on. I stop it then later when I type, mostly w and q press, but also p, 0, t. I can't use maps due to zooming interferance.
I did a factory reset, no help. I have no screen protector. I got the phone 2 months ago, never dropped it or spilled anything on it, always worked fine. I'm in a situation where I moved to a new city and need maps, so I want it fixed ASAP. Did anyone else get this, and where do I go to fix it, how long will it take?
- 08-27-2014, 07:09 PM #2
Re: Sides of touchscreen click when I click elsewhere
Welcome to Android Central! You did a full factory reset and it still happened? When you set the phone up again, did it automatically install all of your previous apps? Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem resolves, then you know something you installed is interfering--you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. If the problem persists, then you may have a hardware defect.
Safe Mode instructions at the bottom of this article: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
- By BrainSmashR in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 12Last Post: 08-28-2014, 08:36 AM
- By PsychDoc in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2014, 08:30 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2014, 07:12 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-27-2014, 04:51 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 08-27-2014, 03:05 PM