Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Drummerboy1975
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    I switched over from the iPhone 4s at the beginning of May and I am really enjoying the S5. However, I am still having one annoyance and that is with sending multiple pictures to others via text. On ios it was a matter of just choosing which photos I wanted to send and then pressing the send button. It did not matter if it was one photo or 15 photos. However, with my S5 I only can send 2 maybe 3 pictures at a time before I have to back in my gallery and load more. I have tried researching this issue but have not found a good answer to resolve this annoyance. Any ideas or suggestions? thanks.
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    11,321 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by faithguy19 View Post
    I switched over from the iPhone 4s at the beginning of May and I am really enjoying the S5. However, I am still having one annoyance and that is with sending multiple pictures to others via text. On ios it was a matter of just choosing which photos I wanted to send and then pressing the send button. It did not matter if it was one photo or 15 photos. However, with my S5 I only can send 2 maybe 3 pictures at a time before I have to back in my gallery and load more. I have tried researching this issue but have not found a good answer to resolve this annoyance. Any ideas or suggestions? thanks.
    Open the gallery and select the images you want to send. Click the share option then send however you wish. If there's still a limit then it's because the iPhone would send through iMessage, which is Apple's service and may not have a restriction as to the file size or number of images.

    Let us know if that works for your.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Just tried sending about 9 pictures but it would only load three before saying the file size is too big. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might be out of luck.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    What are sizes of the photos being sent? Also have switched carriers as well as ohones. Some carriers restrict sizes of attachments.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    What are sizes of the photos being sent? Also have switched carriers as well as ohones. Some carriers restrict sizes of attachments.
    Around 1.4 MB. These are just pictures I take with my phone. Mostly of my kid.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    You can also print them out, seal them in an envelope and drop them in the mail.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Who was the carrier who handled the iPhone and who is the carrier now?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    Who was the carrier who handled the iPhone and who is the carrier now?
    Both Verizon
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975 View Post
    You can also print them out, seal them in an envelope and drop them in the mail.
    Too Old Fashioned.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Why wouldn't android just ask you what size you want to send them after you hit send. This is what IOS does. Small, medium, large or original.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    And yet all I hear is oh you isheep. These problems don't exist on the iPhone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    And yet all I hear is oh you isheep. These problems don't exist on the iPhone.
    I am still very happy with my S5. I just wondered if there was a way that I can do this since I send pictures via text often.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    One other way to get pictures to someone and get a better quality picture for them to see is to put your pictures on the cloud and text the link to the cloud to the person you want to view the pictures. A bit of time to set up but easier after its done. Also if the recipient wants to print the picture it is of higher quality. Understand when you send a picture via a text the compression used by the carrier really can take a toll on the end result photo. Use the "Cloud".
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Looking like I will have to resort to the "cloud." Thanks for your help anyone. If anybody has any other suggestions I would appreciate it.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    ya mine does the same damn thing and I have AT&T. It's the phone!!!! will try the cloud suggestion. Finding out all the stuff I don't like about this new s5. My HTC had zero problems sending several pics!!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    I have had issues sending small videos. It was suggested that I use Google Drive or Dropbox. I tried Google Drive but the people I sent the link to only got a black screen after clicking the link...not sure exactly why. I have used Dropbox and it works well...only issue is you have to have a WiFi connection to upload the video before sending the link (not a huge deal).
    So I am assuming either one of these would work sending pictures as well...I'm sure I just need to adjust the setting somehow in Google Drive to get it to work for me.
    Hope this helps.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by faithguy19 View Post
    Just tried sending about 9 pictures but it would only load three before saying the file size is too big. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might be out of luck.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hello, I am new to using forums, but I have found them useful in solving some problems with technology so I searched for this current problem. I recently just upgraded to the s5 from an iPhone as well and have been both very pleased and very frustrated. This problem was one of the worst. I think that I may have stumbled upon a solution that is not ideal but definitely "liveable" IF you have verizon...

    If you remember when you first got your phone and it was preloaded with all these random apps...one of these was the Verizon messages app. It is not the prettiest of texting apps and the layout of the other message app does work and look much better, BUT the Verizon message app does allow you to send multiple pictures! Up to 7!!! You can select them both in the message app or in the camera app. Selecting them in the camera app first all at one time is much faster.

    Once you play with the settings of the Verizon app it can be much more easy on the eye . It is a bit glitchy but with my friends and family I send pictures quite a bit so I can live with it. Anyway, hope you see this and hope this works for you!!!


    On a side note...my other major switch problem has been playing music through my truck radio. My iPhone would work perfectly through the usb port but the s5 will not seem to play. Any thoughts? I have tried an a/V cable also and no luck. Anyone else experienced this? Music through the radio is so nice for road trips! Thanks!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr800 View Post
    And yet all I hear is oh you isheep. These problems don't exist on the iPhone.
    That is because the iPhones are using Apple iMessage servers. They are not going thru the carrier's SMS servers.

    I had Nokia Android phones before I went to the Galaxy S three years ago, and you could only send small pictures and (I think) three at the max per message. This is a carrier limitation. At least it has been for me.
    ____________________________________
    2 each, Verizon Galaxy S5, KK 4.4.4, ART
    MyPhoneExplorer allows file access if ur phone crashes.
    Nova Prime, Textra, Blue Mail, Qi wireless equipped
    MacroDroid extends your battery life.
    MacroDroid senses Screen off, turns Wifi & Data OFF
    OTA updates via WiFi only:
    my WiFi is permanently OFF until Verizon fixes 5.0

  19. #19  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Quote Originally Posted by rookiefarmer View Post
    Hello, I am new to using forums, but I have found them useful in solving some problems with technology so I searched for this current problem. I recently just upgraded to the s5 from an iPhone as well and have been both very pleased and very frustrated. This problem was one of the worst. I think that I may have stumbled upon a solution that is not ideal but definitely "liveable" IF you have verizon...

    If you remember when you first got your phone and it was preloaded with all these random apps...one of these was the Verizon messages app. It is not the prettiest of texting apps and the layout of the other message app does work and look much better, BUT the Verizon message app does allow you to send multiple pictures! Up to 7!!! You can select them both in the message app or in the camera app. Selecting them in the camera app first all at one time is much faster.

    Once you play with the settings of the Verizon app it can be much more easy on the eye . It is a bit glitchy but with my friends and family I send pictures quite a bit so I can live with it. Anyway, hope you see this and hope this works for you!!!


    On a side note...my other major switch problem has been playing music through my truck radio. My iPhone would work perfectly through the usb port but the s5 will not seem to play. Any thoughts? I have tried an a/V cable also and no luck. Anyone else experienced this? Music through the radio is so nice for road trips! Thanks!
    To answer your question about playing through the radio. You will have to use either aux or blutooth. The reason it doesn't work through the usb is most likely that the galaxy is not supported by your vehicles radio. Most car manufacturers only support apple products. I had this same problem when switching from apple to galaxy.

    I've gone back to using my old iPhone as an ipod because it's works better with my tacomas radio than my galaxy S5 does.
  20. #20  
    dwatcool's Avatar

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    If on Verizon use the Verizon messages app. I've had much better results sending multiple pictures. Its better than the stock samsung messenger. Another plus with Verizon messages is that it will sync with your tablet and you can text via tablet. Also can text via wifi if no network is available. Check it out.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Sending Multiple Photos Via Text

    Kakao Talk allows you to send up to 20 photos. Only issue is, other party also has to have Kakao. But if you have a group that you constantly share with, it is worth the "effort" of downloading Kakao.

Similar Threads

  1. Overlapping text
    By ksprbob in forum HP Chromebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2014, 02:21 PM
  2. Weekly Photo Contest: Boats
    By Andrew Martonik in forum Photo Contests
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 05:03 AM
  3. M8 camera issue - blurred photos
    By Francesco Crema in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 04:59 PM
  4. Transferring photos
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM
  5. Hangouts Text Autofill/Copy
    By boundbymusic in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions