Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rob damiani
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 and Steaming Google Play Music through Car audio

My wife will be getting the S5 next week. Her car, Infiniti Q50, has the ability to stream music via BT from phone. On her current iphone 5, all the playlists and songs neatly appear on the car dash display. Will Google Play Music display playlists in her car the same way? I ask this since GPM doesn't really store music in the same manner as other Android audio players/managers.

Default Re: S5 and Steaming Google Play Music through Car audio

I can't tell you from experience, but I'm going to guess that it won't show the playlists in the car's system. Since there historically tends to be an Apple bias in the tech accessory and auto industry, most car stereos will be designed to interface with iPods or iPhones. That's been changing recently, with more Android interfaces, but chances are her Q50 will be able to stream the music, but you'll either have limited control through the car system (like skip to next track or pause), or you'll have to control it from the phone itself.

But I hope I'm wrong--let us know when you find out!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Coincidentally enough, her iPhone and all iOS devices are NOT able to reply to texts via the vehicles linked communication system. Apparently, it only works with Android. I'll reply back to this thread with my findings. Thanks for taking the time to reply, greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I can't tell you from experience, but I'm going to guess that it won't show the playlists in the car's system. Since there historically tends to be an Apple bias in the tech accessory and auto industry, most car stereos will be designed to interface with iPods or iPhones. That's been changing recently, with more Android interfaces, but chances are her Q50 will be able to stream the music, but you'll either have limited control through the car system (like skip to next track or pause), or you'll have to control it from the phone itself.

No. But the song name and artist will show on the screen. I found in my Infiniti the music and interface was great just the mic for the Bluetooth was ****, hopefully they fixed this for the Q. I had 2012 G37S. Enjoy

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks psp. I'm not sure if your model uses the same audio/communication system as the Q50 does.

Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    No. But the song name and artist will show on the screen. I found in my Infiniti the music and interface was great just the mic for the Bluetooth was ****, hopefully they fixed this for the Q. I had 2012 G37S. Enjoy

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I did learn one useful tidbit today; I can ask my Android phone audibly via "Google Now" to play a specific playlist and it will automatically launch GPM, and then find and start playing the playlist That's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post

B. Diddy likes this.